Chapter 12: The Lost Man

3rd person pov:

As keigo goes into the kitchen. He feels relieved to be able to choose his own meals. So he makes himself some fried eggs with a fruit salad on the side.

As he begins to eat. He stops to say a prayer. Only to realize the habit and stops himself.

Kei:"What's the point?"

As he eats. Dabi flies down and walks in.

Keigo finishes and cleans up before leaving.

Kei:"I'm heading to the main entrance for anyone to ask guidance. Got any problems with that? Maybe you should ask your boss."

Keigo glares at dabi before leaving the room.

As keigo rolls into the main room. Someone opens the door and runs to him.

Kei:^Is that the man that fixed the organ? Then that means.^

Keigo looks down as dabi is up in the rafters listening in on them.

Toshi:"Have you seen my son? He never returned after coming to see you yesterday."

Kei:"I saw him. We talked for a bit and as he left. I heard a scream. By the time I got there. A bear had gotten to him."

The priest hands over izuku's torn shirt that's covered in blood.

Toshinori falls to his knees in tears.

Kei:"I was gonna tell you, but I also was attacked while searching. That's why my legs are broken."

Toshi:"I'll kill that bear if it's the last thing I do."

Keigo leans in and whispers in his ear.

Kei:"Don't throw your life away. Now leave and never return. I couldn't stand for another life to be lost because of me."

Toshi:"What do you mean?"

Keigo moves back and shakes his head no.  That's when dabi leans down to swoop down.

Kei:"Forget about your son. I'll light a candle for you in his memory. Now go."

Dabi bends his knees and is ready to push off. So keigo pushes toshinori. With tears in his eyes.

Kei:"Get OUT!!"

Toshinori runs out of the church and dabi relaxes.

Shig:"What did you tell him?"

Kei:"That a bear attack both me and his son, and that for his safety. He shouldn't come back to the church."

Tomura pats Keigo's head with a smile.

Shig:"I'll take it from here. So relax and take today off. Tomorrow you'll be back in his room. We'll do it as an every other day. That way, you won't die."

Kei:"Understood, sir."

As keigo leaves. Dabi lands and walks past his master like a machine with one job.

Tomura smirks in excitement for what's next.

As keigo enters his room. He sets the wooden image face down and lays in bed. Dabi stands across the room. Watching like a creep.

Kei:" Don't you have anything better to do?"

Dabi doesn't say a word. So keigo covers himself and hides under the blanket. After the priest's breath calms. Dabi knows he's resting. So he looks around the room. Behind the wooden image is a cloth bag woven on the back. When dabi opens it. He sees a necklace with half of a wood carved heart that reads.

<I am
yours>

So dabi puts it back and looks at the image. That's when his vision blurs and head begins to ache. So he sets it down and sits at the foot of Keigo's bed.

Dabi:"What was that?"

Dabi then hears Tomura's voice ring in his head.

Shig:^Come.^

Dabi silently leaves the room. As the door clicks shut. Keigo opens his eyes. Only to close them again.

Kei:^Finally. Peace and quiet.^

Dabi flys into Tomura's office and bows.

Shig:"We have good news. Soon you'll have a brother. In one week. We'll turn that priest into a demon just like you."

Dabi:^What!? No you can't!^"Thank you master. I look forward to his creation."

Dabi's consciousness reaches out, wanting to stop Tomura's plan. Only for thorns to prick into him and bind around him tight.

"You can't stop him. Soon, you'll be together forever."

Dabi:^ You're wrong! There has to be something I can do.^

That's when a silver thread strings across the void towards a sleeping keigo.

Dabi:^The contract! ^

As dabi tries to touch the thread. He goes right through it. That's when he sees that it's fraid.

Dabi:^How can I fix it?^

The thread vanishes as everything goes dark once more.

Dabi:^FUCK!^

Dabi's body walks back to Keigo's side. Only to fall asleep by his feet.

When keigo wakes up. It's because dabi has finished cooking dinner for him.

Kei:"How long was I out?"

Dabi:"Fourteen hours. Here, I made you dinner."

As keigo eats. He notices dabi hasn't ate.

Kei:^He's probably still full from the other day.^

Dabi:"Six days remain."

Kei:"hm?"

As Keigo looks up. He sees the crown flicker for only a moment.

Kei:"Dabi?"

Dabi sits on the bed and taps by the blonde's legs.

Dabi:"Let me see."

Kei:"Why?"

Dabi:"I smell rot."

Keigo eyes widen. So he uncovers them. That's when he sees a discoloration of the skin. So dabi bites his hand and makes marks on them in blood. After speaking a chant of reverse Latin. Both legs glow before the bones start to heal.

Dabi:"They're now fractured instead of broken. So they'll heal faster. Now give me a drop of blood to replenish my strangth. Then we'll do it again the day after tomorrow. By then you won't need the chair."

Kei:"Why?"

Dabi:"I'd like my new brother to have as much freedom as me."

Kei:"So he's turning me into a demon?"

Dabi nods and ruffles Keigo's hair.

The next day passes with keigo doing paperwork and helping others in confessional or a sacrament of initiation. After the day passes. Tomura nods, and they head upstairs. Dabi pins keigo down and growls in excitement. While keigo goes limp and does as he's told. Only this time is different. Wax and a knife are then handed over to dabi. While tomura watches.