love?

Nora was struggling for breath as she collapsed by her front door. Tear stained cheeks struggled to intake air as the events of the night suddenly set in. She lost her. She lost her. Her one true love, the only one she ever fell for.

Her vision was blurred through tears, she grasped around aimlessly trying to find her doorknob through the mess she had become. When her hand finally made contact she wasted no time in pushing the door in, pulling herself into her home.

The one she had hoped to spend the rest of her life in, with Lorien.

"Lorien.." the name repeated through her mind, an endless reminder that she let the love of her life go.

She told you to leave. She needed you to stay safe, you can still save her.

No. You've lost her, she's never coming back. You should know better. You lost her the second you let go.

Nora's brain was running wild, and it didn't help calm her down. She needed to clear her mind, all of these intruding thoughts did nothing to help her think of a plan.

So she did the one thing she could think of that would help. She sat on the edge of her bed, her hair had fallen down sometime when she ran. She ran her fingers through her hair, eyes closed, taking deep breaths.

She imagined it was Lorien's hands parting her hair into sections. Winding them together into two braids. Fixing them until they were up to the standards she believed Nora deserved.

Her thoughts slowed down, the tears dried up and her breathing evened out. She laid backwards on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. It was time to get planning. No way in hell was she going to let Lorien go without a fight.

She'd get her back.