𝐭𝐰𝐨.

"strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be, if we met up at midnight, in the haunting tree"

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ - ʟᴜᴄʏ ᴄᴀʀʟʏʟᴇ

MAISIE AND GEORGE had agreed to put an ad in the newspaper for new employees, they were suffering and urgently needed more help. Lockwood & Co had only recently been an idea Lockwood had, after an idea sparked in his mind he was desperate to make it work, as well as to be the best agency of all. The few cases the three had been on proving either difficult to complete or rather successful. 

That didn't stop the three from thinking they needed help. They did. Desperately. After many days of calls about interviews, and the position, it was the day of it all. Despite it being the day they find a new member of Lockwood & Co, it was also a day Maisie worked. 

The need for more income shocked the three, their jobs not contributing enough to the rent they needed to pay, or the biscuit obsession the three shred. So Maisie offered to preform nights at their local pub, Flanagans. At first Lockwood was hesitant, letting her go out at night? At a pub they aren't familiar with? The idea sounded barbaric to him. Until she offered them to come with her her first night. 

That's the night they all fell in love with Flanagans.

The lively atmosphere even in the darkest time at night. It felt safe, warm. Even in the haunting hours of the night. They sat down watching Maisie that night, sipping their drinks, settled into their seats, transported into a world where time seems to slow down, and the only thing that matters is the music and her voice. Both boys had never heard her sing like she did that night. Only the simple soft singing from her room, although still angelic, it was nothing compared to the voice that sung on that cold Friday night. 

The pub went silent the moment she started singing, it was a song no one knew, a song she wrote about her late friend, George and Lockwood knew the story, she only ever was able to tell it once. Amelie. The song was captivating, the whole room witnessed a young girl pour her heart out on stage, her voice weaving through the air like a delicate thread, connecting with each member of the audience on a deeply personal level, they had all lost something, in someway. Whether it was a friend, child, partner, something was taken from them all. 

"So where did you go Amelie, Amelie, Amelie, where'd you go? Or were you all in a dream, Amelie, Amelie."

★☆

LUCY CARLYLE was the newest member of Lockwood & Co. Having been interviewed by the peculiar George Karim and intriguing Anthony Lockwood she was getting her very own tour of the place they called home.