𝐬𝐢𝐱.

"someday i'm gonna be somebody people want"

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx - ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡɪᴍᴘꜱ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴛʀᴏᴜꜱᴇʀꜱ

AN DISTANT ECHOING SCREAM, CONJURED FROM HER MINDwaking her from a blood curdling nightmare, emerging from the depths of a terrifying abyss and back into the safety of reality, gasping for breath as if breaking the surface of a turbulent sea. Her heart pounding in her chest, she sat up on her bed, drenched in a cold sweat, the remnants of the dream lingering in her mind like a haunting echo. As she sits still, trying to catch her breath and dispel the haunting memory that clings to her thoughts like a shadow, her door is flung open. The same boy that replaced her best friend in her nightmare, as he lie on the floor, dead, where she once lay, walking in. 

Past the dog curled up on the end of her bed, oblivious to the world outside her sleeping head. Advancing towards the shaking girl, he sat on her bed, using one of his large hands, he grabbed the girls in front of him, her hand's were cold, although she was sweating. His other hand was used to bring her face up, connecting their eyes. His eye's held so many words, but he stayed silent, waiting for the girl to speak. 

Her voice was so quiet, a whisper of delicate words, "I haven't had a nightmare in so long." Her eyes moved to their hands, head hung low. His eyebrows furrowed as he held her hands in his. Her breathing was slowing as she soaked in the comfort he gave her. 

"What was it about," he spoke, his voice filled with concern but as light as a dove's feather. Her eyes met his once more, but she hesitated, no words exiting her mouth. She couldn't bare to relive it by speaking, having lived through it. He could tell her mind was crammed, her thought's controlling next move. "It's okay," his voice reached her ears. "Do you want me to get you a glass of water?" 

"No," her mind begging her to ask him to stay. "It's okay."

"Mae, are you sure?"

"Yes," her quiet voice spoke. 

"Okay, try and get some sleep." He stood up walking towards the door, before her voice stopped him. 

"Wait," he turned and looked at her, Lockwood's eyes studying her, how her eyes didn't quite meet his, notifying him that she was nervous. "Stay, please," she mumbled, her hand's were clammy and her heart was racing. His heartbeat picked up, he wanted to stay, he needed her to ask him to, though. And she did.