𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

"good girls, hopeful they'll be and long they will wait"

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ - ʀᴀɪɴ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅꜱ & ɢᴜɪᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴍꜱ

THE AGENCY WAS COLD as two young girls, age eleven were seated on their beds. Their beds having been pushed together months ago, for a everlasting sleepover. Young Maisie watched the storm roll on outside as the dark clouds gathered on the horizon and thunder rumbled in the distance, a sense of anticipation in the air, a tension that electrifies the atmosphere. The first flash of lightning illuminates the sky, her eyes follow the bolt, casting eerie shadows on the countryside. After a sudden loud storm cloud clap, a thought bursts in the girls head. 

"Do you think we will ever be in love?" Young Maisie asked, the girl lying next to her laughed. 

"Of course we will Mae, your going to find a nice boy who cares so much about you," the other girl responded, her voice so calm and peaceful, full of truth.

"Okay, and your going to find a really pretty girl and you'll marry her!" Maisie smiled, the girl next to her smiled, looking up at the ceiling from where their backs lay on their beds. 

"I do hope so," she whispered, a sad tone lacing her voice, a sadness Maisie didn't pick up on. The comfortable silence swallowing them whole. 

"Amelie?" Maisie's small voice spoke after a few moments. Hearing a quiet 'yeah' she continued. "Are we going to be friends forever?" She asked, her face turning to the girl, innocent eyes finding Amelie's.

"Of course we are, we are going to grow old and live in house's next to each other and see each other every single day!" Amelie responded, her smile so bright as she pictured their futures, looking back to the ceiling. 

"Do you promise?" Maisie's voice quivered. Amelie turned to her, she could see the fear in her eyes, the fear of losing anyone else in her life. They both shared that fear. 

"I promise, Mae." Her voice just above a whisper, grabbing her hand and holding it beside them. They stayed silent, until Maisie spoke once more.

"When we live across from each other, I'm going to get a dog! She's gonna be cute and fluffy and golden and I'll love her forever!" She smiled.

"Oh, Mae." Amelie laughed at her rambling. "At least share her with me."