𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

"there's a blue light in my best friend's room, there's a blue light in his eye,"

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - ʀᴇᴄᴏʀᴅ ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ

IT WAS A COLD NIGHT, as steady footsteps made their way up the stairs to the attic, with the old, wood door insight the brunette stuck her calloused hand in a fist and gave it a gentle knock. After hearing a silent 'come in,' she wrapped her hand around the handle, turning it and slowly opening to door, stepping in to the dimly lit room. "Hey, Luce," she started, "How's it going?" Clearly, hinting towards her messy unpacking, she observed the room, the window curtains were pulled shut, hiding the lurking outside world that presented itself. The bathroom curtain was open, making the room see bigger than it was, all Lockwood's old belongings pilled in a corner of the dim room. Maisie walked over and sat on Lucy's bed. 

"It's going, somewhat alright, don't really have much to unpack, if I'm honest," her smile clearly forced, and her voice so quiet. Lucy turning back to the cupboard to place her last jumper neatly in its spot, turning and sitting next to the girl on the bed. Maisie wanted to hug her, give her comfort. She knew what it was like to be all alone, the worlds too dark for loneliness. Looking back towards the pile of dusty  belongings, Maisie sighed.

"I swear that boy could of at least cleared it out a bit better for you," Maisie retorted, her voice slightly annoyed but humorous. 

"It's okay, at least I'm not sleeping with the ghosts," she laughed, Maisie joining in with a light chuckle. 

"And thank god for that." The two girls sat silently for a few moments, it was comfortable, Lucy felt safe with Maisie, like her aura was a shattered crystal, reflecting light. The light making her feel seen. "Lucy, If you ever need anything, and I mean anything, come to me, no matter what it is, I got you." Maisie's voice was serious, but calm, like she wanted to make sure Lucy was okay and always okay.

"Thank you, I might take you up on that offer right now, I've got no shampoo ," she spoke, awaiting a reply, until her thoughts were cut off with a light laugh. 

"The first time you ask me for something, I can't even help you," Maisie laughed, her smile holding so much comfort, "I'm out too, I was planning to head to the supermarket tomorrow to get somethings, I think George keeps stealing my shampoo because he likes to smell like a lady," Maisie smiled, before both the girls burst out laughing. 

★☆

THE QUIET SOUND sound of Maisie's beloved record player playing, the slow tune of Blue Light, by Mazzy Star, radiating through the speakers as she sat in the library with Lockwood. Sitting sideways on the chair her legs up to her chest as she sorted through her old records, occasionally, changing the record. Her white cardigan falling over her fingers, before being pulled back up again. It was silent, all that was heard was the record crackle and gentle vocals, it was a comfortable silence between the pair, Lockwood flicking through a magazine, educating himself on the ongoings of London. These moments were treasured by the two, those quiet moments, an unspoken understanding that transcends words, a deep connection forged in the stillness of shared presence. It's a space where they can simply be, without the need for conversation or explanation, where the weight of the looming world seems to lift as they find solace in each other's company. There's a sense of peace that settles over the two, like a warm blanket on a chilly night, wrapping them in a cocoon of tranquility and security.