𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

"oh, and i'm afraid that's just the way way the world works"

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ - ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ ɢʀɪᴇꜰ

SAYING MAISIE WAS SHOCKED WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, grabbing the piece of paper out of George's hand to see the large number of money they owed Mrs Hope, an unsettled feeling swarmed the group. 

"60,000 pounds? In two weeks? What the hell!?" George exclaimed, his tone so defeated.

"What?" Lucy gasped, taking the paper from the girl sitting next to George. 

"Why didn't you say anything Locky?" Maisie asked the boy, her eyes filled with concern. Locky. She rarely called him that, but when she did his whole world felt uneasy, as if he couldn't stand on his own two feet. 

"Because its my name on the door, my responsibility. I'll find a way." He responded. Maisie looked at him with a gentle shake of her head.

"You don't have to do it on your own, we are the Co so technically its our name too." Maisie stated, her eyebrows were furrowed at his noble selfishness. 

"How will you find a way?" George sassed, "We hardly break even when things are going well, which is the main reason Maze has a second job." 

"Speaking of the job, I can just do more gigs, maybe do a few shifts as a waitress too." The girl pondered, she did love Flanagans so it wouldn't be a burden to work there more often. 

"No, Maisie you already do too much, its draining you, the constant need for a new song each time you preform, you aren't doing anymore, and that's final." Lockwood demanded, although his eyes were soft, there was a sense of seriousness that made Maisie uneasy. 

"Wait, what about a loan?" Lucy asked, eyes looking to Lockwood, "This place would be worth a bucketload." Maisie's eyes widened, letting out a quiet 'Lucy' in protest.

"This place is all that's left of my parents." Lockwood returned, his voice was filled with a sorrow only Maisie could pick up. Lucy let out a quiet 'sorry'. Before the phone rang, catching all agents off guard. Following Lockwood out into the hall, Willow standing at his feet, her tail wagging for his attention. 

"Who was it?"

"Wrong number, how famous did you say Annabel Ward was?"

★☆

WALKING THROUGH THE BUSTLING STREETS OF LONDON, Lockwood & Co headed to the archives, Lockwood explaining the plan to clear their bad press.