The Rituals

Shubman is being smashed between his overexcited cousins for 20 mins straight..well you can't blame them ...the panjabi people is 1st time seeing a plate full of bengali traditional foods...and they now wants to have a bengali marriage 🙂

and they now wants to have a bengali marriage 🙂

"Shub itna sab akela kheyaga...ei to bara lucky nikla vai"

" year koi meri vi sadhi karao year kisi bengali bride se"

" shub jaldi se start kar ab khana" 

" Shub beta kha ke bata na kaisa huya hay aj hi peheli bar try ki hay ye sab"

" galati ho gayi year agar mujhe pehele pata hota to kisi bengali larki se hi sadhi karta" everyone stopped as mr. Gill threw the bomb...mrs. Gill gave  him a bombastic side eye and everyone else was on their feet to enjoy the drama...

"Achha to ab bengali larki chahiye ha aapko koi nehi avi divorce de deti hoon fir dund lena loi kuri apne liye " , mrs. Gill  huffed angrily and her husband showed a very innocent smile..

" are tum gussa kyu ho rahi hoon tum aur may to sat jaman ke liye sath hay na fir 8 th janam me dundunga kisi aurko"....everyone laughed loudly...

"Challo ab shubi beta khana start kardo"

Shubman finally 🙌 sighed as he got the permission to eat the mouthwatering dishes in front of him as he was about to take the 1st bite Shahneel abruptly stopped him...

"Wait shubiiiiii"
Shubman almost chocked...
"What now" , he said irritatingly
"Itni asani se thori hi khaneko milega dhulhe raja pehele in dishes ka naam bata"
" yes yes bata bata " everyone supported Shahneel..
" off course huh mainu sab ata hay thik hay...okay to the 1st one is sada vat then it's aluvaja then paturi something uske bad ye red wala mutton and sabji daal and the yellow rice is basanti polao isn't it mamma??"...mrs. Gill nodded proudly at her son as he got everything right
"Ohhooo research kari ja rahi hay benagli dishes pe ha ha karle Ishan ayega to fir bolna usko banake khilayega" , shubman slightly blushed at the thought of Ishan cooking for him...

" No! No way avi kuch salo tak Ishan
kitchen me nehi jayega woh bohot young hay avi ye thori uski umar hay ye sab karne ki may to na jane doon apne bachhe ko kitchen me kuch ho gaya to...aur khana to ye ladka banake khilayega meri bahu ko...usko vi to pata chale ki uska pati kam ka hay" mrs.Gill stated strongly...everyone was looking at her ...well she is a bit protective over her cute son-in-law ..you can't blame her tho she is a mom and on the top of it a panjabi mom so being protective is in her blood...Mr.Gill was the 1st one who clapped for her wife , he was very proud of her ...off course Ishan is going to be the youngest member of their family and their 'ghar ki laxmi' usko to palako me bathake rakhna hay na...Shubman didn't heard much as his mind was stuck on that ' ye ladka bana ke khilayega usko' phrase...he actually liked the idea very much like just imagine him cooking and feeding Ishan by his own hands ...oh god he can't wait anymore...

He was very happy in Imagination of being lovy dovy with Ishan but his trance broke at a hard slap on his back by a smarcking Shahneel
" blush kyu kar raha hay subhi apne pati ki yaad a gayi keya"

Shubman blushed deeply this time

" OHHHHH LOVER BOY", everyone hooted loudly...

" ye banda to avi se hi apne pati ke liye whipped hay pata nehi age keya hoga", said a very done looking Abhishek..

" off couse beta kiska hay akhir", mr. Gill said...

Ab chalo chalo bohot huya yehi sara din bita dena hay keya Subhi kha ab jaldi

Shubmam finally ate the 1st bite after the elders completed their asirwad season and ohh man he melted here...he just realised that marrying a bengali is his best decision...

With Ishan

Ishan sat in front of the plate ...ohh he loves this part ...he is a big foodie and he just loves sweets and fish( off course he is a bengali afrerall😌)

he is a big foodie and he just loves sweets and fish( off course he is a bengali afrerall😌)

He was about to dig in but a voice stopped him..
" Are itna sab khayega to wait gain nehi ho jayega sadhi hay beta thori to control kiya kar", said one of his antis

" you are right kamala ..Ishan you shouldn't eat thay much beta", said his mom agreeing .
Ishan's mood got worse..he absolutely hates it jf someone snatches his fab things from him and his family is absolutely doong that but he is not a rebellious person or should I say that he got used to with this type of behaviours ...he used to protest earlier but slowly he realised that his protests are of no use so slowly he stopped...now a days he usually agrees with whatever his family says...he was going to say ' okay' but his granny stopped him...

" Tum logo me koi akal nam ki cheez nehi hay keya are ye hamare gharme mere bachhe ka akhri meal hay isko to achhese khane do aur koi wait gain wain nehi hota...mera bachha golu molu hi achha lagta hay ...koi kuch nehi kahega usko ab aur ...tu kha beta"

" But mom" ...."nehi aj may kisiki nehi sunne wali" Ishan's granny stopped his son right there..as she knew that his words are gonna hurt her baby.

This is why Ishan loves his granny the most she always understands him unlike some other people who always forced things on him...he gave a big smile to his granny and started eating happily.