Astamangala

(On the eighth day after the wedding, both the couples go to the bride's house and stay there for a couple of days. During this time, the knot which was tied on the wedding day is undone which means that the wedding ceremony has ended officially. This is called astamangala.

But here I have made some changes specially in the time gapping. Maybe this ritual is present in other Indian marriages too in different names so please let me know you guys🥰)

Ishan, Shubman, Mayank and Rohit came to Ishan's house next day to performe the Astamangala retual. Shubman has already apologised to Mayank and Mayank forgave him. Both Abhi and Mayank has exchanged numbers tho they haven't started chatting yet. And about Rohirat...

"Mmm Vi tum to jante ho na I am not a morning person so I wasn't ignoring your texts. Mmm so you can I mean we can continue texting if you want too"

"Okay but I am a morning person. So if I text you early in the morning are you gonna reply instantly?"

"Mmmm I will try to I mean if I don't reply back call me okay...."

Virat was amused but agreed nonetheless.

And with that they left for Ishan's house with lots of luggages as Ishan and Shubman will leave for their homneymoon from there.

The journey was silent and comfortable. Shubman and Rohit was talking about something. Mayank sleeping on Rohit's shoulder and Ishan was looking outside from the window silently. He was having a new kind of feeling. This is the 1st time he is going to his home after marriage. It's not like he never lived away from home but this time it's different. The thought that that's not his home anymore is pricking him not in a bad way tho. Just how fast the night changes isn't it. There he was some years back coming back from his college on a cab or autorikswa or sometimes even on foot by these roads and now he is passing the same roads with his husband. No he is not sad but there is a feeling in him that he can't explain. These are the moments we live for. These feelings are absolutely personal.

'Ishu challo hum a gaye hay"

Ishan's trance broke. Oh!! Yeah they have reached. He slowly came out of the car and stood beside Shubman.

Ish kuch huya hay keya?
Shubman held his hand and asked softly.

Ishan smiled gently while moving his head in denial.

Soon his garanny and other members came out and performed the arti welcoming them inside. Ishan hugges his granny and touched others feet. Shubman did too. After that they went to sit for the puja as it's gonna take time.
The puja continued and panditji opened the jora annoucing the official ending of the marriage.

Now it's lunch time and a pure bengali thali is served in front of Shubman. All these dishes are Ishan's favourite according to Mayank but the problem is there is various dishes of fish named 'Doi katla', 'Ilish paturi' and 'Masala Pomfret fry' and usko kata nikalna nehi ata. So he was sitting their uncomfortably.

"What happend jiju machli ka kata nikalna nehi ata keya?"

Mayank asked in a teasing tone.

"Dekha isi liye mayne kaha tha ki machli nehi banate", Ishan's mom said.

Nehi nehi aap log paresaan mat hoiye may kar lunga.

Shubman was about to touch the plate but Ishan stopped him.

Aap nehi kar payenge Shubi mujhe dijie may kar deta hoon...

Par tumhara khana?

It's okay aap kha lo fir kha lunga may...