Chapter 7

The queen was pacing back and forth in her chambers waiting for the spades to come back with Mad March's sister so that way she could get a glimpse of the girl.

"Darling, why don't you sit down? I'm sure the spades have made it to Mad March's residence," Winston began.

"Then what is taking them so long to bring the girl back here? Don't you think they should have been back by now," the queen asked.

"My dear, you seem to forget that Mad March lives deep in the woods, so nobody can threaten him and his sister. On top of that our men are dealing with a female trained assassin, who was taught by her brother; so our men have to be smart with how they go about speaking to her. I'm sure if one wrong word is said, then Mad March's sister will gut all of them and leave no one to come back to us. Try and be patient and wait for the spades to come back to us," Winston said.

The spades finally managed to find Mad March's home, after searching for it for some time.

"Why does he have to live so deep in the woods? This has taken up so much precious time that could have been used to bringing Mad March's sister back to the queen by now," Spade 2 said.

"Keep in mind that we are approaching the home of a very well-known assassin. We all heard the stories of the things that he has done. There is no doubt in my mind that his little sister contains the same skills as him, which is why we have to approach the home with caution. One wrong move, or we do something to spook her, and we are all dead. So, keep in mind to be very cautious. Also keep alert, just in case she's in hiding and is waiting for the right opportunity to strike. There may be one of her, but if she is anything like her older brother, then we are no challenge to her," Spade 1 said as they all cautiously approached the door, knocking on it.

The spades waited a few minutes, before knocking on the door again, in case the young March didn't hear them knocking the first time. When the spades didn't receive an answer, the spades were hesitant about entering the house. After a few minutes the spades decided to enter the home, slowly and on high alert. They didn't want to risk an unexpected attack from the younger sister of Mad March. When they didn't hear any noise indicating that there was someone else in the house.

"The spades moved further into the house, seeing no sign that anyone had inhabited the house since that morning. One of the spades carefully moved their way towards the bedrooms, where they noticed that the beds were made.

The spades moved further into Rowena's room, looking around to find any sign that she would be returning; until one of the spades had noticed a few things missing from their usual spots in Rowena's room.

"It looks as though Mad March's sister knew that we were making our way to come and pay her a visit," Spade 9 said.

"It doesn't surprise me. Though I believe that she may have been tipped off by her brother, telling her to make a run for it while he made his way to speak with the queen. Maybe Mad March had a feeling that we would make our way to the home to retrieve her," Spade 5 said.

"We're going to have to go back and share our findings with the queen. Though she won't be happy once she learns that this young woman is no longer here," Spade 2 said.

Spade 1 let out an annoyed sigh, knowing that the queen would not be pleased when she learns that she won't have the chance to speak with the young woman that she has heard about from her loyal subjects talking about. The very woman who was spotted alongside Mad March from time to time. "We're going to have to take it with a grain of salt. We try our best to tell the queen of our findings and hope that she will take ease on us when we tell her the truth. We didn't know that the young woman would take the time to sneak away before we were given the order to make our way to the home to retrieve her. We should be making our way back; unless we all want to share the same fate of Mad March, for keeping her waiting."

All the spades made their way out of the house, making their way back to the casino. All the spades hoped that the queen was in a good mood; unaware that the queen had given them to make their way back to the casino.

The spades made their way up to the queen's chambers that was above the casino.

The queen glanced at the hourglass getting ready to jump out of the chair, getting ready to demand that the spades who had gone to retrieve the girl had their heads cut off; when the doors opened revealing the spades, no girl was spotted with them.

"Where is the girl," the queen asked.

"That's the thing your majesty. When we made it to the home, we knocked on the door, that way we didn't set her in defensive mode and risk the young woman getting spooked and killing us. She is after all the younger sister of Mad March. And there is no doubt in our mind that Mad March had taught her all that she needed to know to defend herself against anyone who posed a threat to her. Anyway, when we got there and knocked, we noticed that nobody was making their way to answer the door. So, we entered the house and looked around noticing that nobody had been there since that morning. We moved further into the house and looked around the bedrooms, and we noticed that there were some items that were missing from the room which indicated that she had made a run for it. We believe that her brother may have told her to run in case we were to show up," Spade 1 explained.

The queen of hearts' face dropped. She felt her blood beginning to boil at the fact that she missed her opportunity to identify if the woman was indeed her missing daughter. The queen felt deep down that the young woman was connected to her in some way.

"I should have known that Mad March would pull something like this, because he knew I would go for his sister. Chances are he told her to get out of Wonderland. I can't ask Mad March about any of this, because he's already dead. I need someone who will blend in with the oysters and look around their world, to see if they can find her," the queen said. The queen thought about it when her son walked into the chambers. "Jack, my dearest son. How would you like to go on a trip, and help your darling mother out?"

Jack gave his mother a skeptical look, before answering his mother. "What is it that you are planning?"