Chapter 8

The queen of hearts gave Jack a hurt look. "Jack, it cuts me deeply that you would go and accuse me of doing something.

"I know that you are up to something mother. So, there is no point in feigning innocence. So, why don't you just come out and tell me what it is that you have planned. Why do you need me to do you a favor," Jack asked.

"Fine. I sent the spades to the home of Mad March to retrieve his little sister. The thing is, when they got there, there was no sign of Mad March's little sister. The spades said that they had gone inside the home to look around, and they noticed that a few items were missing. It is believed that Mad March may have tipped his loving sister to get away, before I had my spades go to their house to get her," the queen explained.

"And where do you believe she ran off to," Jack asked.

"I'm glad you asked. I believe that the girl made her way to the world of the oysters," The queen said.

Jack couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous his mother sounded with all that she was saying. "Did it ever occur to you that maybe Mad March's sister made it seem like she ran to the oyster world, but is most likely that she is hiding somewhere in Wonderland?"

"I doubt she would do that. If her brother told her to get out of Wonderland, then she would most likely listen to him and leave. I don't think she would do anything to go against her brother's wishes. She is loyal to her brother," the queen said. "Please Jack, please say you will go to the world of oysters. I'm asking you to do this, because I know that you are capable of blending in among the oysters. If I go to send anyone else, they will find a way to mess it up. I know I can rely on you to do what is expected of you, and you won't do anything to blow your cover. I only need you to do this for me for a few days."

"You used to tell me that the world of the oysters was forbidden for me to go to. You always said that it was nothing special, and that it was only a place filled with oysters who give us special teas that are sold in the tea house, that is run by the Hatter," Jack said. "Why are you so hell bent on sending me to the oyster world now? Does this have something to do with your obsession that Mad March's little sister is the lost daughter that, dad and I have told you died at birth. This obsession that you have is not healthy. You need to let this obsession go."

"I will after I get a chance to see this girl. Maybe after I get a chance to see this girl, it will help me put an ed to this crazy 'obsession' as you call it," the queen said.

Jack let out an annoyed sigh, knowing that if he didn't agree to go through with this, then his mother wouldn't let it go until he agreed. "Fine. I will go. How long do I have before I'm forced to come back to Wonderland and report back to you with my findings?"

"I don't think it should take any longer than a week. I don't think she will be able to find a place to be comfortable, or a place where she feels she belongs. Especially when she will long to have her brother there to comfort her. Be sure you return within the week; or if you manage to find the girl before the week is over, then snatch her up. Once you manage to get her alone, then bring her back to the casino, and I will be here in my chambers waiting for your return. Don't let me down my precious son. This girl can give us answers that we need," the queen said. "Now go and be on your way now. Don't waste any more time standing here talking with me. Get a move on and begin to make yourself blend in among the oysters. But don't do anything stupid, like fall in love with an oyster. Keep in mind they are nothing like us. That and they are beneath you. You are a prince who will be taking over Wonderland, the day that your father and I step down. I won't allow an oyster to rule by your side. You already know that we have ways of identifying oysters. So, don't try and bring one in Wonderland."

Jack gave his mother a nod before walking away from her. I guess I will be taking my dear sweet time in finding this woman. It would make for a nice vacation away from my mother and her obsession over my dead baby sister still being alive walking around among us. Though if I don't find proof to show mother that my little sister is dead, then this obsession may never end. And that is definitely not a good look for the queen of Wonderland to have, Jack thought as he made his way to the looking glass, crossing through into the oyster's world.

Rowena was walking around aimlessly, trying to keep her temper under control. She couldn't believe that Derek would show up at her apartment building unannounced like that. She never even told him where she lives; unless he had the nerve to follow her. But I would have picked up on him following me if he was. My brother has taught me well to know when someone is following me. But I didn't sense anyone behind me while I was making my way home. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid about this. His sister-in-law is the owner of the apartment building that I'm renting an apartment from. Maybe he stopped by to check up on her to see how things are going. Maybe he's there to tell her about how his sister got her ass handed to her verbally. Who the hell knows. Maybe I shouldn't put too much thought into it, Rowena thought before sensing someone behind her. Out of reflex, Rowena was quick to turn and pin the person to a wall behind her.

"Who sent you," Rowena asked before noticing that the girl was about her age. Rowena let go, backing up a bit before speaking up again. "Sorry about that. It's never a good idea to sneak up on me like that."

"Completely understandable. My mom did mention that you're new and thought it would be nice if I got to know you and become friends with you," the girl said before sticking her hand out. "I'm Alice Hamilton. Daughter of Carol Hamilton, your neighbor across the hall from you."

Rowena grabbed Alice's hand, shaking it. "Pleasure to meet you, Alice Hamilton."

"Please call me Alice," Alice said. "What's your name?"

"My name is Rowena," Rowena said.

"Well Rowena, I must say that I'm highly impressed with your fighting skills. Do you have a job," Alice asked.

"I was actually walking to a place that looked like they needed some help. It looked like a dojo that is looking for someone to help teach students in defense with weapons. That is one of my specialties," Rowena said.

"If you want, I can speak with one of my instructors at my place of work and see if I can get you a job there. You would fit in with everyone else; as well as make a wonderful defense instructor. That and we can use someone with your skill," Alice said.

"You don't have to do that," Rowena said. I really don't need anyone drawing attention to me, when all I want to do is keep a low profile, Rowena thought to herself, while giving Alice a smile trying to keep a polite smile on her face.