Chapter 2 | Delicate Response

"Oh, uh Kaede, is that you? and Hibiki too. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting."     

     Silence filled the place, the girl, Yua waiting for an answer.

"I'm so sorry if I'm being rude right now but can I borrow Kaede just for a few minutes?" Yua asks, as she reached out a hand to Kaede.

"It's fine." I responded softly.

     Kaede, like a confused puppy, followed Yua as she holds her hand to lead him. As they leave and fade into the distance, I caught a glimpse of Yua's face. Looking as if she's doubting herself of something. Looking back into the scenery painted by the gods, a soft cold breeze gently pushed back my hair.

     A few minutes passed and Kaede, looking weird again, came back and sat down beside me without saying anything. "What happened?" I asked while staring at his face.

"It's nothing really, just something important about school." He replied with a sigh.

"I see."

-Kaede's POV-

     Yua's sudden arrival surprised me, reaching out a hand she asked if she could talk with me for a while. "Can I borrow Kaede just for a few minutes?" she said. I thought it was nothing important but how did it come to this? Yua standing beside me on the bridge, as she tries to say that phrase again.

"Kaede, I like you." she said as she tucks her hair behind her ear.

     Huh? What was that? Did I hear her right? "Huh?" a sound suddenly slipped out of my mouth. "Kaede, please listen to me... that said... that's why... I like you." Her voice seems to be cut off by my hearing, but I can surely hear everything, every single thing clearly. A confession? again?

"Yua.. I'm sorry." She looked surprised as she slowly looked at my face again, looking as if she was on the verge of tears. Her eyes, remind me of the past I resent the most. "I will need time, please wait for my answer." I coldly responded. Her eyes that just almost lost its colors lit up again. She sat down as she started looking into the distance. "Thank you, but you gotta go now. Somebody is waiting for you." She happily said as she points back.

-Hibiki's POV-

-Train, morning-

     As always Kaede is resting his head on my shoulder again, but he doesn't seem to be asleep or anything. He was even more silent than before. "Is something wrong?' I asked softly.

"I'm fi-" 

"No, you're not." I stopped him mid-sentence. "You don't seem very energetic like always. So what is wrong?" Waiting for his answer he sat straight to look at me, followed by a smile.

"You know, you're really pretty." He replied as we stare at each other. "You already got yourself a good person in your life to be with you, Yamamoto (Haru) that is, but how about me, every time I try, I also get hurt. So tell me, is it even worth a shot to try once again?" He asked with such enigmatic eyes.

     Seems like it happened again, seems like his past still haunts him until now. He used to be a very happy yet cunning person. He had several relationships in the past, he may not have taken all of it seriously but it did 'hurt' him as he said for some reason. He has had, relationships with a few boys, but out of all that, his first seems to have hit him the hardest. He once accepted the feelings of a boy out of curiosity, and all because he wanted to learn more about 'love'. While the relationship lasted though it only hurt the boy as an he felt like he was just another experimental subject of some sorts for Kaede. I only found out about all this by peacing out both Kaede's and his ex's point of view. We all used to be friends but have been broken down because of this issue.