Chapter 4 | A Late Night Walk

The view from this rooftop really is good. I barely go here. The streets are busy and consistent honking calls on my ears as I sat on the railing.

Footsteps could be heard drawing closer from my back. I turned back to look and saw Kaede standing there, looking at me with his dead like eyes.

"Don't jump" He says in a worried tone. A cold breeze suddenly brushed through my face as I try to focus.

"Heh." A sound got out of my mouth. "Well, at least that's funny. Not yet don't worry." He hurried close and sat beside me in the railing.

"It's been a while since we've been in a rooftop huh" I said in a soft voice. Before I knew it, we talked for hours and something about Haru slipped out my mouth and told him.

"Here" He said as he gently puts down a bag between us. "I bought you something. I don't know how to cheer you up right now really." It's a dessert.

"What's up with that messy room."

"Thanks." I replied with a smile. "I just got a little messy."

-late night, apartment-

     It's late in the morning, its still dark outside and the heavy feeling still lingers. The room is clean and tidy and Kaede slept beside me.

"Eh?" A sound got out of my mouth. "What happened last night?." I sat up and looked at the used plate on my table. Kaede has already tried to help me a few times now, I think he needs a break from me. "Hibiki?" A voice called out.

I turned back as I saw Kaede waking up. "Morning." He said, trying to sit up.

"Good morning.."

"Hey uh, about your situation right now. I don't think you would be able to handle these 'emotions' you're currently experiencing now, so don't worry I'm here for you." He said with a soft smile.

"I'm not a baby, I can handle myself." I said as I layed down on my bed. "I may not have experienced it but I know all about it."

"Oh well, you should dress up, Lets go out for a bit." He layed back down my bed, staring at me waiting for an answer. "Alright." I replied in a weak voice. Kaede and I, lying down and staring at each other, waiting for me. "Get out of my room first, do you wanna see me naked?"

     "Where are you taking me." I asked as we crossed a big street on Shibuya. The euphoric scent of the place that the rain left behind took over my senses.

"I don't know either." Kaede replied with a grin in his face.

"Wait what?" I replied, still confused.

"I noticed that you're not really going out for a bit now. After all, I could help you with these emotions you've been havi-" he held my hand as we continued to walk.

"I already know, but I need help to experience these with someone." I murmured out as he scratches his head.

"Well, alright alright. Let's explore Shibuya right now, let's have fun. The sun's not out yet, and that is if you're not exhausted yet." He said with a smile on his face.

     "Hey Kaede!" Someone called out as I was still holding his hand. "Oh, hello." he turned back to talk to a friend of his. The busy street that was once calm, is now full of people all around.

"Kaede, let's go ba-" I turned to look at him but he's already gone before I knew it. There are people everywhere, the street is busy and the lights everywhere is making my head hurt.

"Kaede?" I called out but he was nowhere to be found. A white cat stood out amongst the crowd, looking at me across the street, seemingly trying to get noticed. I approached it just for it to hide. As people pass by, I sat down on a nearby bench with the white cat from before. The sun is slowly rising and Kaede's nowhere to be found.

     "Hibiki!" a voice called out. "Hey are you okay? Where were you?" He asks in a worried voice. A guitar seems to be on his back and his friend from before stood beside him. "I don't know." I replied in a monotone voice. "You were gone when I turned back."

He hurriedly held my hand again and said goodbye to his friend. "I'm sorry, oh and thank you, but we gotta go now." He said while gesturing towards them. "Hibiki!" Kaede exclaimed. "You should've just held my hand tighter, Shibuya crossing is one of the busiest street on the world, you can easily get lost."

"Don't worry, a cat accompanied me." I replied while looking at his guitar case. He seemed confused at first and then noticed where my gaze was fixated and smiled.

"Oh this? I got it from a friend, he recently quit his band so he gave it to me."

"I see, then would you teach me?" I asked as I look at the white cat walking with us, Kaede paused for a moment then smiled. "Heh, alright, I suppose I can."

-Kaede's POV-

-Hibiki's apartment-

     "What do I do next?" He asks as I help him with the guitar. I held his cold, soft hands as I assist him on how to strum the strings and hold the keys. He strummed down and up as he finally played his first chord.

"Not bad for a beginner!" I said happily, followed by an applause. Looking at his hands, he pouted and showed it to me. "My fingers hurt."

"Anyway, thanks for teaching me. I feel happy.. I think?." He replied with a soft smile.

"Do you really? When was it that you genuinely smiled." I randomly asked as his smile slowly faded, he gently laid back the guitar in the case.

"Well, I don't know. When I'm with you I do feel good and comforted, but I guess I genuinely smiled once when I was with Haru. Don't worry much about it, I don't feel sad about it anymore." He replied as he ties his hair up. He's not a good liar at all. His words reminded me of the situation. "I'm sorry again, for bringing that up."

"I should be the one sorry, it's my fault really." I said as I wore my coat. "Well I think its about time I go back to my place instead."

I took my guitar, I was about to step outside his room when he called out to me.

"Kaede." I turned back to see Hibiki giving back my phone that I forgot. "Kaede, the beach.. remember?" He asked with no expression.

"Hehe, of course." I replied back, taking the phone followed by a pat on his head.

-Bar, afternoon-

     I like going out in Shibuya alone, walking on these streets at night is better than daytime though. I ended up in this bar because I was invited by my classmates, when we passed by each other. "Hey, um, I should probably go now." I said to my classmate as I tried to leave the place.

"Oh c'mon now, we rarely even have fun don't you think? Here have a drink." He poured beer into the glass, he kept going until it was full. He made me sit close and his hand was already on my waist. All my classmates stared at me, waiting for me to do something. I didn't have a choice but to-