Chapter 3 | Eager Cries

"Hello? is this Hibiki?" A familiar sounding woman weepingly said. Hearing her voice I suddenly felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. It's Haru's mother.

"It's been a while." Haru's mother continued.

"Good afternoon, it's me Hibiki. Did you found out anything about Haru?" I asked as I look at my unknowingly shaking hands. There was a brief silence until a shatter is heard from the other side. "He's dead.. he's fucking dead. I bet you have something to do with this don't you? I told you stay away from him you little.." Haru's mother rambled on as she screams and weeps.

     I didn't know what to do but to hang up. The sky that was just sunny and beautiful slowly became dark and thundery. As I look back at Kaede's, resting on my shoulder, some kind of warm water suddenly rolled down my face. No this isn't just water. It's tears, tears? What?

     I feel nothing, nothing at all yet these unruly tears keeps on coming out. I don't know what to do, I don't know what's happening. I feel like this is all my fault, I didn't pay enough attention. I feel as if I'm falling down a black void filled with nothingness, nothing to be with, nothing to hold onto. Suddenly someone held my hands, it's Kaede. Filled with overwhelming 'emotions' I can't stop myself but to hold Kaede. My 'tears' kept on gushing out falling into his shoulders as I hold him. His body is warm and I feel safe, he held me back tight as I try to speak. "Please, don't leave me too."

-Kaede's POV-

     I accidentally overheard the whole thing. I feel bad, so bad for some reason. But he seems to be able to feel emotions now. I held his hands as tears rolled down his face. It's weird.. I've never seen him in this state.

     Did it really feel so bad it actually made him feel something? I don't understand love and how it works, but I do understand the pain. The pain of being left behind..

     I entered his room as he lay in his bed. The moonlight shines down on his face, the light reflecting on his tears. I was about to leave when he suddenly woke up. "Kaede?" Hibiki's voice called out. "Wait, please don't leave."

I looked back to see him. I walked to his bed and sat as I see him crying again. "How are you feeling?"

He let himself fall backwards to lay back on his bed as he played with his hair. "Kaede, he's dead. And I don't know what to feel right now. There's this heavy, unpleasant feeling from somewhere, its scaring me. Scare?" He sat again and held his face.

His face looks confused and he looks like he's trying so hard to understand.

"Don't think too much for now, Hibiki. Take a rest, I'll stay here with you." I said as I sit beside his bed. Holding his face full of tears, that seemed like it will never stop. He lied back down his bed, as I lay my head on the side. It's weird to see him feel or experience such emotions. The loss must have felt really heavy for him. "Don't worry. I'm here Hibiki." I said as I slowly fell asleep.

-Hibiki's POV-

     Waking up already feels really tiring and I don't even wanna move from this bed. I wiped off my dry 'tears' as I try to remember what happened yesterday. Haru's death felt unbearable and It feels so weird to even be feeling sad. Last night, ugh it was embarrassing. He can't be seeing me like this. My thoughts cut off as I saw Kaede sleeping beside my bed. He's still here. "Kaede, wake up." I called out as I sit in my bed. He must have been exhausted..

I stood up and walked towards the door, still in my school uniform.

"Did I pass out in the train?" I asked myself as I sat down at the floor of the kitchen. I'm lucky Kaede was there, he must have taken me back home. What do I do now, the tears finally stopped but I still feel so bad. I feel empty for some reason. I don't feel like eating so why am I toasting a bread. Why did I even leave the bed when there is no school? Haru.. what she said was a lie right?, remember you promise.

"Hibiki, I promise I won't leave you." "Hibiki, I really missed you." "Are you okay? Hibiki?" "Hibiki, would you smile for me? Just once?"

"Please, say my name again.."

     "Hibiki?" A voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "Are you okay? Stand up will you.. Come, go back to your bed." I looked up as Kaede started sitting down on the floor too. I looked into his eyes that already lost its color a long time ago.. He patted my head reassuringly as he tries to bring me back to bed.

-afternoon-

     "Hibiki, I'll be going now." He said in a soft voice followed by a pat to my head again.

"Don't leave." I said quietly as he started walking towards the door.

"I'll be quick don't worry. I'll be back soon." He responded with a soft smile as I hide back under the covers.

     I knew getting into a relationship won't end up good. It's not fair. I don't like being alone. I hate it. I feel like something heavy is crushing me, and it feels like 'tears' are rolling down my face again. I don't like this feeling, it feels heavier and uncontrollable. Give me a rest.

-Kaede's POV-

     "Hey Kaede~" An irritating voice called out to me. "How have you been?" 

Akio Yamada, a senior and a close friend sat in front of me. "Why is it that you called me? You seem serious, judging from the text you sent." I sat down and finished my coffee in one go. "It's about Hibiki."

"Oh, that boy? What happened?" He asked with a fixed look on his face.

"Well, he just lost his boyfriend recently. He never felt any emotions at all, not until his boyfriends death that he started crying. What do you think I should do? You already know I don't know anything about love and all." I asked as I look at him. 

"Hmm." He took a sip of his tea and looked at me again.

"Haha why do you think it would be best to ask me? Oh uh well, maybe you should give them some space for now? But he might also feel depressed because of what happened."

Ting

He checks his phone and a smile showed in his face.

"Ah, I don't know anything about this.. Just be you and do what you think would help soothe him." An Idea popped into my head. "Thank you so much for your time." I said as I stood up to leave.

"What? Already?"

-Hibiki's apartment-

     "Hibiki, I'm back, I have something for you." I called out as I enter the apartment. It's silent as always. It's creepily silent.

Going to the bedroom, a cold chill ran down my spine. I entered the room, and there, a messy room greeted me.

"Hey Hibiki I-" I stood still, shocked. Wondering where Hibiki went. I don't know what to do but to call him.