6

𝑳𝒐𝒈𝒂𝒏

Day 9 of getting Lucy 'Trouble' Killer to fall in love with me

She made me get 3 days of detention. So now I have to go on Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday. Tuesday and Wednesday are chill 'cause Garret and Luce are there, but then on Thursday, I'm alone, in a room, with HER!

She makes me seem like I'm a bad person. I try to be nice because thats what girls like right? A nice guy? But nothing's working. I say hi, she tells me to shut up, I try to help her, she tells me to fuck off what am I doing wrong?

Everything

Fuck off

You can never do anything right

Shut up

Why do you even bother? You're gonna fuck it up anyway

Shut up! SHUT UP

You're a disappointment

FUCK

I punch the wall. Hard. I look down and watch the blood flow from my knuckles. I look up and see a blood stain on my wall, right where the dent is. I don't give a fuck anymore.

I grab my phone, wallet and keys and leave the house, Leah's asleep and my Mom's home. I get in my car, light a cigarette and start driving. It's 1am, the roads are empty. I park my car in the empty parking lot of Tom's and rest my head on the steering wheel jolting when I hear my phone ring.

Zestiest person alive calling...

"Hey Luce" I say when I pick up,

"Hey man you good?" He asks

"You called me at 1 am to ask if I'm good?"

"Shit sorry man were you asleep"

"No I'm at Tom's"

"Why this late?"

"Felt like going for a drive"

"Alright man, I'm on my way"

"Wait what?" I ask but he cuts the call, a few minutes later I see his car pulling into the lot, he gets out and gets in mine.

"You never did answer me" he says once he's in,

"What do you mean?" I ask

"You never gave me an answer, you good?"

I hesitate

"Yeah man why" I smile

He looks at me dead in the eye, trying to figure out if I'm lying,

"You were having those thoughts again" He says after not even 5 seconds.

He knows me so well he can figure out if I'm lying by just my eyes,

"They're not just thoughts, those things have been said to my face on a number of occasions," My smile falters, "But I don't know what you mean, I'm fine."

"You only ever go out for a late night drive if you're having those thoughts again and here you are. It must have been worse 'cause you're smoking."

"Can you just like not know everything about me?"

"Sorry, it's part of the package"

"Yeah I want a refund, my package came defected"

We start laughing about the randomest shit, and it's these moments that make me feel lucky to have him in my life

"But seriously man, I can't go back there, can I crash at yours?" I ask, hopefully,

"No sorry dude my mom's not letting anyone come over because she just deep cleaned and doesn't want it to get messed up" he replies and my shoulders sag.