8

𝑳𝒐𝒈𝒂𝒏

No time like the present right? I'm gonna ask her out. Fuck waiting around and stuff, 3 weeks of buttering her up should be enough right? And I mean, we haven't argued in ages! That must mean something!

I reach homeroom early for once in my life, trying to come up with a plan on how to ask her out.

You forgot about one thing

What thing?

Huh I don't know maybe her cousin? Aka your best friend?

Shit.

Telling him about the bet is a no go, and he's not her dad so I'm not gonna ask him for her hand in dating. I'm just going to tell him.

Tell him what?

I'll tell him that I really like Lucy and I'm gonna ask her out. That should be fine.

Why am I lying to myself? He's gonna kill me.

Okay, I'll ask Lucy out tomorrow and tell Luce today.

.  .  .

Practising my 'I'm going to ask Lucy out' speech, I walked towards Luce's car.

"Hey Logan! Why'd you look so tense dude?" Luce says as I approach him

"I um- Well you see- No- The thing is- God I practised this-" I stutter

"Spit it out"

"Well um" I take a breath, "I'm want to um, ask Lucy out and I just wanted to tell you and make sure you're okay with that...?"

His face drops as he stares at me is disbelief,

"Are you seriously asking if I'm okay with that?" he asks and I nod, "Fuck no! You're not dating her!"

I frown,

"Why not?"

"Look Logan, I'm your best friend and I love you but I cannot let you date Lucy. You're just... not right for her. And as your best friend, I know you better than anyone, and you're not known for being a chocolates and flowers sort of guy. Lucy's a romantic. She'd want chocolates and flowers. I just don't think you'll be able to give her what she wants"

"Give who what she wants?" A voice emerges from behind me

Fuck i forgot Luce drove her home

"No one!" Me and Luce say in sync.

She raises one eyebrow then frowns,

"Drop the act, who's the girl?"

I sigh before telling her,

"You"

"Wait... what?"

"Logan wants to ask you out" Luce blurted and I give him a look,

"So let me get this straight, you wanted to ask me out so you went to my cousin?"

"He wanted to see if it was okay with me and I was just saying it that isn't"

"You know what? No! No! You do not get to decide who I do or do not go out with, I am so sick of you scaring off every guy in this school. Okay Luce? so Logan" She turns to me, "Something you wanna ask?"

I smirk, and lean on the hood of Luce's car and I see him roll his eyes from the corner of my eye,

"You wanna go out sometime?" I ask and bite my lip,

"I'd love to" she smiles.

Wow this was alot easier that I thought it would be,

"Great! 6 tomorrow good?"