12

𝑳𝒐𝒈𝒂𝒏

I'm waiting by my car, waiting for my new girlfriend to come out. I still can't believe I got myself into this mess. I've moved too fast haven't I? Why do I always mess things up?

"Hey hottie" I snap out of my daze and turn towards Lucy smiling,

"Hey gorgeous," I put my arm around her and she holds my hand,

"Gorgeous?" she asks, laughing, "What happened to the other three names you have for me?"

"What names? I do not recall," I say in a (very impressive) British accent, "Have you been watching Bridgerton?" she asks and I look at her, pretending like I don't know what she's talking about, "Never mind. Lets see... there was the original, Trouble, then Killer, which by the way I still don't get, princess and now gorgeous"

"Oh they're still there. I just switch between the four, while slowly adding more," I say and she laughs, "Come on," I open the car door for her, "Ooh a gentleman," she jokes,

"Shall I start the car Lady Miller?" I say once again in my British accent, "Okay, who made you watch Bridgerton?" she smirks, "Ah, well I was at my sisters place and she was watching it, so I sat down and I got hooked" I reply and she squeals, "Yes! Now I have another person to piss off while talking about it!" "No. Nonononono. This stays between me and you understood?" I say and she nods, stifling a laugh as I start the car,

Why can't she just say I love you now?

"So, where are you from?" she asks, "North Carolina..." I reply, confused, "Well yeah, but like your ethnicity,"

"My ethnicity? Well I'm half Portuguese and half Italian, what about you?" I reply, "Well I'm British obviously, but my Mom's Spanish" She says and I raise nod, "Oh yeah. Because Luce is also half-Spanish" I say,

"If both your dad and Luce's dad are brothers, how come you have different last names" I wonder, "Well, my dad died when I was a couple months old, but when my Mom married my step-dad, I was 5 and they'd been dating since I as long as I can remember, so when I got old enough, I changed my last name to his," She explains, "But my last name was Montgomery aswell,"

"Was it weird?" I ask, "Was what weird?" she asks back, "Not ever knowing your dad," I say and I feel the tension rise in the car, she hesitates before answering, "Yeah. Yeah it was. But I feel like I know him. Even though he died, his family still looks after us. We actually lived at their house in England, and they welcomed Charles, my step-dad, like their own son. I learned alot about him from them."

"What was his name?" I ask "Edward" she replies, "I like the name Montgomery, it suits you," I say, "Technically, my names Montgomery-Miller"

"Would you ever go by it again?"

"Probably. What about you? You're Italian. De Luca, it's pretty,"

"It's my Moms. After my parents got divorced I changed it."

"Daddy issues?"

"Let's not get into that," I say firmly,

"Is that why you always stay and mine or Luce's?"

"Enough, Lucy"

"What happened last night that made you-"

"I said enough, Lucy!" I shout, pressing on the accelerator harder and she goes quiet before saying, "Do you have a motorbike?" I look at her confused, "You look like you would"

"I do." I say, "Would you ever let me ride it?" she asks, "No."

"Why?"