Chapter 2 : Awaken

◇[3rd Person view]◇

Natsu sat in a seat beside a bed, his rival sleeping on that very bed. He sat up straight, staring at his rival with a hurt look in his eyes.

He looked on as Gray flipped and turned in his sleep. He could see the amount of hurt that Gray was imagining in his sleep and it pains him.

It was quite unbearable to Natsu, unlike the Fire Dragon slayer's usual behaviour.

Usually, Natsu would be laughing his ass off and Gray would walk up to him with an agry look on his face. Before you know it, everyone in Fairy Tail is fighting about nothing.

So, why is this situation different?

He felt someone snap their fingers in front of his face. He scanned around the room, but no one was there.

"I-it's me, you I-idiot..." Gray softly spoke, his voice hoarse and weak. "I-I'm fine-"

Natsu hugged him, as he felt his tears threatening to spill. Gray was shocked, of course, never seen Natsu in this state. He smiled and hugged him back.

"Are you alright?" Natsu asked as he held onto Gray's arm, urging Gray to give him any answer so that Natsu could help relieve pain.

Gray sweatdropped as he imagined the awkwardness when someone walked in. Natsu holding his arm... Him smiling at Natsu...

Natsu stared in confusion as he saw Gray's cheeks flush a bright red.

"Are you sick?" Natsu reached his hand to Gray's forehead as Gray sat straight up.

The door swung open and Lucy, accompanied by Juvia, stood at the entrance.

"Heya!" Lucy proclaimed as Juvia practically pounced on Gray.

"Gray-Sama~! Are you okay? Juvia was worried," she spoke as Gray sighed.

"You know, pouncing on a person who's healing is not the best of ideas, Juvia, but I'm fine, thanks." Gray spoke nonchalantly as Juvia got off, sinking into a chair she took from the corner of the guild's infirmary.

"Oh, Gray, did they do anything to you?" Natsu asked as his eyes filled with a worried look again.

"Yeah, they tied me to a bed and one of them handled a lacrima towards my chest. I think they called it the IDS lacrima?" Gray spoke as Lucy handed him a cup of water, Juvia glaring daggers into her back as Lucy found a chair of her own and sat in it.

"The lacrima entered my body and caused me pain, but it eased down quickly for some reason. Then..." Gray paused, sipping from his cup and set it down on the table beside his bed.

"I remember the place exploding, then..." Gray gasped as he swung his arms, covering his mouth and his eyes widened in disbelief.

"What?" Natsu asked, confused and scared.

"I remember that one of them said that 'there is no way he can stand the Ice Dragon's power! His own magic killing him'..."

"They implented an Ice Dragon Magic lacrima in you?" Natsu shouted, angry and frustrated.

"I think I'm... an Ice Dragon Slayer..." Gray shivered as Natsu flinched.

IDS lacrima...

Ice Dragon Slayer lacrima!

"So, you're like me?"

"Yeah..."

Silence filled the room.

"That's... cool, right?" Natsu spoke up.

Gray chuckled slightly as he jokingly punched Natsu in the arm, Natsu laughing along.

Lucy smiled as she looks on and remarks how cute they would look together, while Juvia clenched her teeth and stared at Natsu, muttering LOVE RIVAL!, under her breath.