Chapter 4

The next day, the quest to keep my identity as the mysterious hero a secret continued. I met up with Rei, Gaeul, and Liz, and together, we decided to investigate the school and its surroundings.

Y/N's POV

As we walked through the school hallways, I couldn't help but notice the curious glances from students. It seemed like the news of our investigation had spread, and the excitement in the air was palpable.

Rei: So, where do we start, Mr. Detective?

Y/N: (smirking) Let's check out the scene of the incident first. Maybe there are some clues we missed.

We made our way to the alley where the gangsters had harassed Haerin and Hyein. The atmosphere was tense, but we carefully examined the surroundings.

Gaeul: (pointing) Look over there. Is that a security camera?

Liz: (nodding) It might have captured something useful.

We approached the building where the security camera was mounted. Rei pulled out her phone and tried to access the footage.

Rei: (frowning) It's password-protected. Any ideas?

Y/N: (thinking) Let me give it a shot.

I extended my hand toward the security camera, and the holographic screen appeared.

[Skill Activated: Hacking]

The system provided me with the necessary tools to bypass the password. After a few moments, the security camera's footage was at our disposal.

Rei: (impressed) That was quick. What do you see?

Y/N: (analyzing the footage) Let's rewind to the time of the incident.

As we reviewed the footage, the mysterious hero emerged on the screen, swiftly incapacitating the gangsters. The footage concealed my identity, keeping my face hidden.

Gaeul: (excited) There he is! But the face is still hidden.

Liz: (noticing something) Wait, pause right there.

The footage froze at a particular frame, revealing a glimpse of the hero's eyes.

Rei: (gasping) I can't believe it. Those eyes...

Y/N: (feigning surprise) Whose eyes?

The revelation left us in suspense as Rei hesitated before saying something unexpected.

Rei: (whispering) Your eyes, Y/N.

The realization hit them, and the pieces of the puzzle started falling into place. My friends had discovered the secret I worked so hard to protect.

[Side Quest Completed 1/1 Keep your identity as the mysterious hero a secret]

[Rewards:
Skills:
-Concealed Presence (Enhanced)
-Hacking Mastery
Stats:
+10 Intelligence]

The holographic screen displayed the completion of the side quest, along with the rewards that has additional rewards with them, probably luck influencing the system rewards again.

The revelation that Rei, Gaeul, and Liz had discovered my secret identity left a heavy silence hanging in the air. I looked at them, trying to gauge their reactions.

Y/N: (casually) My eyes, huh? Well, that's a strange coincidence.

Rei: (pointing at the frozen frame) No, seriously. Look at this closely.

As I examined the paused frame, I realized that the system had indeed left a subtle clue that only someone with the right perspective could notice. The holographic screen popped up once again, prompting me to address the situation.