Home, Sweet Home?

As I walk around the corner I see the amazingly gorgeous Calum Hood from 5sos leaning against the wall wearing nothing but jeans.

"Hello beautiful." He says.

"Who? Me?"

"Do you see any other amazingly beautiful girls?" I laugh at this, but it wasn't a cute, flirty laugh. It was more of an over dramatic cackle. When the strange noise escapes my mouth I suddenly fall backward. Down, down, down. As I fall I hear Calum say,

"Baby, it's time to wake up now... Eliza!"

My head shoots up.

"What?!" I look around and realise I'm in a seat, one of many seats surrounding my family and I.

"What do you want to eat? They have a few snacks. Coffee? Tea?"

"Uhm...." I say trying desperately to find words, "can I have a coffee?"

"Sure can!" an unfamiliar voice says behind me. It's a flight attendant... I think.

"So, we'll take two coffees and a green tea please." Mum says, trying not to laugh, the woman serving us has a monobrow and her hair has been put up with the least amount of effort. Why was this woman working on a plane? I don't have a clue.

Once the plane lands we get out of our seat belts, grab our bags and make our way to the door. As soon as I'm out I take a big breath, a man once told me air smells different everywhere in the world when I was younger and, of course, me being the gullible child I was, believed every word. The air smelt the same as the air in Hobart, that discovery made me very sad.

"Hurry up Liz. We need to get to the hotel."

I do my best to keep up but it's a little difficult when I'm carrying 3 bags and my phone keeps slipping out of my hands, "coming!" I yell after them.

We've finally gotten outside again and all I see are people. People coming from every direction. We slowly push our way closer to the road while mum tells everyone to move out of our way like she's Marilyn Monroe in the 50's. No one listens though.

"Taxi!" She screams.

"Mum calm down. There's a taxi right there." I point to a taxi, there's an Asian looking man in the drivers seat. He's slightly obese and has a great, big moustache.

"Eww."

"Mum..! Come on! He's not that bad."

She hesitates for a minute before walking to the taxi.

"Hi... can we please go to the, uh," she reaches for her pocket and takes out a small piece of paper, "Amora Hotel Jamison?"

"Yes ma'am. Do you want me help with bags?" He had a weird accent. It kinda reminded me of an ad I saw on TV one time and the man in it had a very particular accent. But he seemed nice.

We were only in the taxi for a few minutes when he all of a sudden said, "so, you been here long time?"

"Ah, no, we haven't but we were hoping to move here." Dad said with a large grin on his face. He was in the front with the driver whilst mum and I were in the back. There wasn't much conversation after that. The silence wasn't what you could call awkward, more along the lines of peaceful.

When we finally arrive at the hotel, the entrance is grand, it has the whole chandelier on the ceiling thing going on and a man who looks around 16 or 17 greets us with a big smile.

"Good evening. Have you booked a room?"

"Ah, yes. Yes we, ah, have. Honey can you take my bags?" My mum's flirting. I can tell.

"Follow me, I'll take you to your room." I found it slightly strange that he didn't take his eyes off me when he said that but I didn't think to react. We follow him to the elevator in single file from shortest to tallest, not intentionally.

Once we reach the 10th floor the elevator slows and then stops abruptly. I haven't been on many elevators in my life and the sudden halt made me slightly nauseous.

"Are you alright?" I hadn't looked at him closely before but now that he was holding my arm I saw he had green eyes with light brown, almost blonde hair and really good teeth. I looked down at his name tag, it said 'Hello, my name is Josh.' I looked back up into his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm food. Uh, no, sorry. I'm good. I'm really good." I straighten myself and realise mum and dad were both staring at us. My face goes red, I know it.

"So, which one is ours?" Dad looks almost impatient... This is new, I don't know whether I like it but it's very different.

"Ah, right... Yes, this way." He awkwardly steps out of the elevator, me following closely behind, we walk about 6 metres and then stop again. He opens the door and leads us inside.

"Oh wow..." I say surprised at the quality of the room, "is it just me, or do you guys feel like royalty as well? Wow, I could get used to this."

Mum and dad are fixing up the payment whilst Josh fetches towels. While he's gone, I choose my room. First I go for the biggest but the view isn't great so instead I choose the slightly smaller room with the best view. As I'm unpacking my things Josh comes in and his face turns a little red, "just put them down on the end of the bed please." I try to sound polite.

"I hope you enjoy your stay, hey, I didn't catch your name..."

"Are you even allowed to ask that question?" I'm surprised he wants to know.

"No, but I am... So?"

"Eliza."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl."

Before I could say any more he was gone. I wanted to talk more. I wanted a friend but he just violated the rules, hopefully he doesn't get sacked for it. I pick up the towels and put them up into the top left corner of the wardrobe. When I turn back around I see a small white piece of paper in the exact spot the towels were 3 seconds ago. I hesitantly pick it up and begin to unfold it.

"Liz. Come on, we're going grocery shopping."

"Oh, ah, coming!" I slip the note into my bed side table drawer and put my shoes back on. I'll read it later I guess...

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys. What do you think was on the note? Also, if you like a bit of drama and young love check out my friends book. It's called 'Moving to Cali' and I love it! 😘 xx