Chapter 22

Gojo entrusts them to join grade 1 sorcerer Kento Nanami on tough missions, as a means of advancing his pupil's abilities. Their very first assignment is to investigate the mysterious deaths by disfiguration that occurred in the City.

Corpses of three high school boys were found in the theatre by the staff. According to the autopsy report, all three of them died from increased pressure to the brain and asphyxia due to severe cranial deformation.

Police offers who arrive on the scene allow the Jujutsu Sorcerers to take over the investigation. Nanami teaches Y/N and Yuji to see the residuals left behind by the cursed techniques, in which they succeed.

They follow the tracks until they reach the roof of the building, where they are confronted by two creatures that appear to be cursed spirits.

Yuji and Y/N prepares to attack but Nanami stops them and instructs the youngsters to take care of the other curse behind them.

He then approaches an eye bulging, twisted, long limbed, dull-hued, and elongated face, cursed spirit.

Nanami discloses the rules of his cursed technique and teaches them that doing so makes it more powerful. In one swift motion, Nanami chops off all the curse's legs and defeats it. Yuji and Y/N are amazed, Nanami can slash through curses even though his blade is wrapped up.

The second curse who had a white body and a vertical mouth with tiny eyes above it, takes Yuji by surprise because he was paying attention to Nanami.

Thanks to Gojo's training, Y/N now has a better control over her cursed energy. And Yuji on the other hand, discovered his cursed energy has a time lag. This allows his strikes to have the impact of two hits.

Y/N swiftly moves and uses her cursed energy and forces it towards the spirit. The force is so intense that it reverberates through the air, causing the spirit to fall back into the ground. Yuji then quickly begins to channel his cursed energy into his fists.

"Laundry detergent." the spirit kept on repeating the same words.

Before Y/N could do anything, Yuji reveals the name of his attack is "Divergent Fist", and uses it to instantly defeat the enemy before him.

"Thanks for saving me Y/N!" Yuji expressed.

Nanami takes notice of Y/N's immense impact and Yuji's massive potential before realizing the curse he defeated was wearing a watch. Shocked, Nanami takes out his phone and takes a picture.

As curses can't be perceived by normal means, they shouldn't appear in a photo taken by a phone camera. However, it does, meaning these creatures are actually in fact human.

Their remains are taken to Doctor Shoko Ieiri. While Y/N, Yuji and Nanami were resting on the couch, the sun shining through the window. She confirms the creatures are humans disfigured by Jujutsu.

This causes Yuji to develop a distasteful feeling. Y/N notices the change in his looks, the unpleasant look made her feel miserable. She didn't like to see him in such state.

As for Y/N, it didn't bother her. It was evident that they weren't responsible for their deaths, so she saw no need to dwell further on the matter.

"No matter what, their deaths bear the same weight on me. Even so, this is too distasteful." as Yuji said this, a vein popped up on his forehead.

In order to reassure Yuji, Nanami tells him that Shoko discovered their cause of death was due to cellular transmogrification and not their actions. Y/N places her arm on Yuji's shoulder and she starts to caress it while a reassuring smile covered her face.

Fired up, the three sorcerers agree to continue investigating the residuals until they find the culprit.

Sometime later, the investigation continues above ground with Y/N, Yuji, Nanami, and Ijichi overlooking the clues left behind by the murders, they were in a classroom.