Chapter 32

She felt waves of emotions hit her, tears started to roll down her cheeks. Sitting down on the ground while her mind was bombarded with all the thoughts.

"Mitsuki...I miss you..."

"I miss you so much...There's...there's so much happening..I-I can't..."

"I feel..so alone..."

"If you were here then I wouldn't have been all alone..With you I can share everything freely...I know you'd never judge me..."

"Even though I wouldn't be able to tell you...But, I know you would have comforted me..without even asking anything.."

"I just want someone to comfort me..But I know if I ask for that, they will question me.."

"..."

"If I tell anyone...Sukuna would hurt me or.. my loved ones...I don't wanna lose them.. just how I lost you..

"My chest hurts just by thinking about that.."

"I-I..I-I am scared.."

As she continued to miss her shining star, she recalled what had happened the night before. Her sobs got even worse yet with a low voice so that the others wouldn't hear her.

"I literally let a curse sleep with me, the same species that killed you..."

"And also....willingly.......I let him do that...willingly...I was the one to..ask for that.."

"I..I feel like by doing that I am literally insulting you...and...your death..."

"How can I even—" her crying cut her off.

"I..I hate myself.."

The feeling inside her grew as she hands covered her mouth, she tried her best to keep her voice low and make it not pass the door. She hated that she didn't have anyone to talk to. She didn't know what to do. It was tough  having to swallow all of her feelings alone.

The pain in her chest seemed to spread, engulfing her entire being. Y/N  tried to choke back the sobs.

After shedding tears and enduring pain for a few moments, she got up with her quivering and feeble body. Slowly, she made her way towards the couch positioned at the room's center. Sitting down, tears started to pour out of her eyes again.

Alone, in the room, she lay broken as the night slowly went on. She sobbed silently, her body in pain. Each sob made her chest feel heavy, leaving her gasping for air. Her fingers clutched the couch under her, desperately holding it as she succumbed to grief.

After what it felt like hours, her crying slowed down, wiping her eyes, she tried to take in slow and deep breaths, attempting to calm down. Eventually, her heart beat slowed down and her crying stopped. After relaxing a bit more, she turned her head towards the clock in her room. It said 1:30 AM.

"It's pretty late...I think they might have gone to bed." she thought.

She sighed, and stood up, her mind still in the aftermath of what just happened. She made her way towards the door, stopping right in front of it.

Y/N shook her head in an attempt to get herself back into reality. "I'm fine, it will all be okay." she chanted in her mind as her hand reached for the door knob.

She was worried of what lied on the other side of door. She didn't want anyone to ask her anything. All the wanted right now was to go to the bathroom and wash her messy self.

Before opening the door, she hoped that the living room was unoccupied since she had to get past that room to get to the restroom.

She didn't swing the door wide open instead, she cracked it just a bit, leaning against it, she peered into the living room through the narrow gap. She scanned the room, looking out for "enemies", just for safe measures. As she saw none, she opened the door completely. Walking out, a soft sigh of relief escaped her lips.