Chapter 1: Dreams

Red's POV:

I tossed and turned in my sleep, not wanting to relive that horrible feeling. Twice it has happened now, and it felt like hell. Twice I have had the same horrible feeling. Twice my friends had to gain my trust because of what he did. What Herobrine did.

"You'll always be the bad guy." A shapeless blob yelled at me. "Your friends will never trust you again! You'll be left and will have to turn to me, Red. You are my slave." The blob morphed into a body, with piecing white eyes.

"No!" My eyes flew open, as I woke up. Looking around, I saw my friends, still sleeping peacefully, undisturbed by my sudden shout. 

 'Ugh, I need to get some air.' I thought to myself, walking out of the house we all shared. I would usually share these kinds of things with my friends, but I don't want them to worry about me.

I could tell Blue, and she would keep it a secret, but something's bothering her. I could also tell Yellow, but we're not that kind of friends. And if I tell Green, he'll tell TSC and.... I don't want to worry him. He's already got enough on his plate, being our caretaker and all. So I decided to keep it a secret. For now, at least. 

Sitting down, I stared through Alan's PC screen, his computer room dark. He was probably sleeping, like the others.

"Oink oink!" 

"Oh, hi Reuben." I sighed, as Reuben, my pet pig, sat next to me. I scratched the top of his head, and continued to stare through the PC screen. I might have sat there for hours, or maybe just minutes, but I refused to go back to sleep, knowing the same dream would haunt me again.

Green's POV: 

I couldn't sleep. And that's the truth. I woke up around 3am, unable to lay back down, and close my eyes.  My best ideas come to me late at night or early in the morning anyways, so what's the deal if I was up a bit early?

"Oink oink!" The sound of Red's pig, Reuben, came from outside the house. I turned to Red's bed to find her not there. Maybe...

"Oh, hi Reuben." The sound of Red sighing had my attention. What was she doing up? 

I walked over to the window, to find Red staring out the PC screen into Alan's dark room. Reuben squirmed in her lap, but she didn't protest, or rearrange him in any way. She let him be free if he wanted, that was her way of doing things. She loved all animals, but was almost always prepared when they wanted to leave, or something worse. She never took anything for granted, unless it was us. To be honest, I think we all took each other for granted. Second never admits it, but we all know how hard it would be for him to lose us forever. 

"There are a lot of worlds out there." Red said aloud to Reuben, while I exited the house. "Maybe one day we'll explore them all... Maybe one day." 

"Uh, Red? You good?" It slipped out, and Red jumped up, Reuben flying from her lap, and faced me, in a fighting stance.

"Oh, Green... You scared me!" Red said, sighing in relief. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep. You?" We sat down, Reuben settling back into her lap.

"Oh... I just couldn't sleep as well..." Her tone is different... like she's hiding something. Why would she hide anything? All of us are here for her... especially Second. I've seen the way he looks at her. It makes me wonder if I look that dumb when I look at Purple. 
I love Red like a little sister, and that feeling of being the older brother annoys the hell out of me, but sometimes it's worth it. 

"Isn't it pretty?" Red asked suddenly, pointing out the PC screen to a window in Alan's Computer room. Outside the window was a bunch of stars, twinkling, without a care in the world. 

"It is." We watched the stars for awhile in silence, Reuben finally still in Red's arms.

--------

Word Count: 691