𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

••••

~a few minutes before~

EUNHYUK'S POV

I rest my chin on my interlocked hands and lay on my bed. I stare intensely at the smaller device that's placed in front of me. I've been in this position for quite a while waiting for something—anything! Any sign to give me a reason to text a [h/c] haired girl. My eye twitches before I let my face fall on the fluffy sheets, letting out an unsatisfied groan.

The whole day had been like this.

Contemplating if I should text her or not. I tried everything to distract myself but in the end it was useless; one look at my phone and I was instantly reminded of her. I flip over to my back and look at the plain white ceiling.

I know I told her I was gonna give her time but I regretted it as soon as it left my mouth. Expressing how I felt and letting the days go by with no answer is dreadful. Why did I do this to myself?

Plus, not only did I say for her to take her time but I also implied that she can go out with other men (Joon) to make sure she understands her feelings.

Seriously, what is wrong with me?

Yeah right I could put my jealously aside. I already feel it in my stomach just thinking that he took her out on a date before I have. Him trying to flirt, him making her laugh, him—

Wait, what if [Y/n] going on a date with him just makes her realize that she likes him?

No, she already told him that she likes me, but just because she likes me doesn't mean she wants to date me..

I let my hands fall down on my face, leaving a stinging sensation behind.

Does liking someone really cause this much overthinking? My mind is just all over the place.

I move my head to the side to look at my phone once more. The dark screen never becoming bright.

I furrow my eyebrows. I don't care if I have to make the first move again, I just need to see her.

I grab my phone, turning it on. I hesitate looking at the time, would she even be awake?

I shake my head.

It's too late to go back now.

I open messages and click on her contact, typing away my needs to see her. As soon as I press send, I turn off my phone, to scared to see if she reads it or not. Minutes pass and still no reply. She must be asleep.

I sigh and get ready to call it a night .

The screen brightens up and I drop my phone on my face. I groan before I pick up my phone and rub my aching nose. I rise up from my bed and cover my mouth.

[contact name]

I want to see you. I'll see you at the park...