House

"What would you have me do first?" Naris asked, after Neminda had pulled out a small metal sigil and handed it to him, stating that it would be his way to identify himself to other members of House Redoran.

"Drulene Falen has asked for our help. She says her guar herds have been having trouble with hostile mudcrabs," Neminda said, taking a note from the desk, "go talk to Drulene Falen. Her guar herd is due west of here, just over the hills. She can tell you more about her mudcrab problem."

"Where is her hut?" Naris asked, taking the note from Neminda's hand.

"West out of Ald'ruhn and take the road towards Gnisis. When you go into the hills, take the left fork to the southwest. Take the right path at the next fork and you should see her guar straight ahead."

Naris nodded, thanked Neminda, and left the council hall. An ash storm had started over the town and Naris spotted dunmer sliding into doors and closing windows to keep out the dust. He pulled a hood from his bag and slipped the fabric over his head, hoping it would at least help in keeping the ash out of his eyes.

He paused at the gate to Ald'ruhn and glanced down at the compass he'd bought in Balmora. Due west.

The storm wasn't very strong, so Naris was able to see the road in front of him as he walked west. The area changed from flat wastes to hilly wastes quite quickly and soon Naris spotted a small hut on the horizon. That must be Drulene Falen. As Naris neared some of the shapes around her solidified into guar, which looked up at the sound of his approach and notified Drulene. "Did Neminda send you? Are you here to help with those hostile mudcrabs?"

"Yes, yes. What can you tell me?" Naris asked.

"There's a pair of them that's been hunting my guar. Just the other day they killed one and dragged it off. They usually come from the coast to the southwest. If this keeps up, I might have to sell what I still got and move back to Tear," Drulene pointed towards where the coast must be.

"Thank you, I'll find those mudcrabs," Naris smiled and Drulene looked slightly less hagared.

The coast wasn't hard to find, it was exactly to the southwest. The scent of decomposition hit Naris' nose and he spotted the half-eaten corpse of a guar. Those mudcrabs had to be close by. A sudden sharp clapping sound came from behind him and Naris spun to see two large mudcrabs skittering towards him. Naris drew his sabre and waited a moment for the mudcrabs to get closer then jumped forward and drove the sharpened steel into the closer ones back. The mudcrabs shell offered resistance, but dunmer smiths had been making steel to cut through their defences for thousands of years. The shell cracked and steel met meat. The creature let out what must have been its version of a shriek then fell dead. Naris turned his blade on the other and made quick work of cutting it up. After the second mudcrab had fallen to the ground Naris bent over to grab some chitin and meat. It could be useful for food or to sell.

The trek back to the hut was just as quick as the journey to the coast. Drulene looked up with furrowed brows when he neared her, "you shouldn't have anymore trouble from those mudcrabs."

"You killed the mudcrabs that were bothering my guar? Thank the Tribunal! I might not have to move back to Tear after all," she looked him up and down, "You look tired. Can I offer you some Hackle-Lo?"

"Oh... no thank you," Naris smiled gently, Hackle-Lo was not his favourite herb.

"It can be an acquired taste. Thanks again," Drulene offered him a large smile and a small bow.

 Thanks again," Drulene offered him a large smile and a small bow