Spider

There was something following them. Naris had noticed it during their journey to the Temple but he'd thought he was just being overly sensitive. Now he knew it was true. Every now and then as he and Ryna walked back through the St Olms Canton towards the Foreign Quarter, Naris spotted a shadow flitting over the walls. But everytime he looked, there was no one there. An assassin maybe? Or a thief following them.

The moment they stepped onto the Arena Canton Naris saw it again. But this time when he turned to spot the shadow it didn't disappear, it stayed. "Ryna," Naris hissed, grabbing her hand to make her pause. "Do you see that?"

"See what?" Ryna inquired.

"The shadow," Naris pointed at the now still shade.

Ryna looked in the direction of his hand, "what shadow Naris?"

He blinked at her, "you can't see it?"

"No," Ryna looked at him, eyes filled with concern, "are you okay?"

"I don't..." the shadow moved, "I think I'm supposed to follow it."

"What?" The shadow continued to move forward, pausing whenever it got too far ahead of the following dunmer. "Naris!" Ryna called, walking faster to catch up with him. "Don't just start walking like that."

"It wants me to follow it!" Naris repeated, moving to the side to keep the shadow in sight as they passed a couple of Ordinators.

"Okay, just tell me first!" Ryna snapped back. Naris nodded as the shadow slipped through a doorway and into the Waistworks (?). He followed behind, Ryna following him, still muttering about moving too fast.

They followed the shadow down, down, down. Down through the Waistworks, through the Canalworks and into a back room. The shadow disappeared. "There's something here," Naris said, looking around.

"What?" Ryna asked.

"I don't know, a door maybe?" Naris began to walk around the small storage room.

Ryna moved a few crates, eyes tracing the floor. "Here!" she called, pointing to a trapdoor below her. As Naris walked over and leant down to open the door Ryna caught him by the arm. "Are you sure about this?"

Naris drew his dagger and nodded for her to do the same, "I need to see why the shadow wanted me to follow it, but stay on guard."

Ryna gave a single sharp nod of her head, and the two descended into the underground room.

There was a short, bare hallway to walk through before they came into the main room. Four people stood around the lightly decorated space, three dunmer and a breton, all dressed in black and red leather armour. A large banner of a black spider hung on the opposite wall to the entrance, with someone in dark robes beneath it, hands placed over what looked like an altar. When Naris came into view, dagger still in hand, all the people tensed.