Chapter 8

Alarice dashes in the hallway of the 2nd concubine's palace. Then when she reaches Elisha's bedroom she rudely knock on the door.

"Your Majesty the Emperor! I know you're there. I'm sorry but this is an emergency!" She said

The knights and maids that follows her were looking worried.

"What's the matter Your Highness the Empress?" Asked the head maid of the Lily palace where the 2nd Concubine resides.

"It burned down." Alarice said panicking.

"What burned down?" the Emperor who just came out of the room with his loose robe asked.

The maids blushes as they saw the dashing appearance of the Emperor who just wakes up but for Alarice something is more urgent than his face and body.

"Th-the publishers company burned down." She said as she held on to the Emperor's muscled arms.

"What publishers?"

"You know the one who produces the books I'm reading. They were just fine yesterday and the day before and they even published the recent chapter in the book I'm reading even released some topless posters of my precious baby Liam and Raphael, there are even rumors that they'll release an NSFW chapter of the story but it all burned down!! I just woke up and was about to read some chapter but instead what I got is a news that they'll no longer operating." She said in panicked not even minding that her secret hobby is now being exposed

"It burned down? Oh, no and I even wanted to read the chapters." Murmured some maids.

"What should we do? They are like my lifeline. I can't live without them. They're the only reason I found this world beautiful. Right?" She said as she turned her head to the maid who murmured that she too was disappointed with the news.

The maids looked at her, not knowing what to think. After all, the woman who was panicking losing her posters of beautiful men was married, touching and standing the most beautiful man in the Empire himself.

"Calm down, Ally. Let's get out of here first. It's still early and you'll wake up the second concubine at this rate." He said

"But-but! What should I do? My only silver lining in this world is my babies." She said

"Ahmm... If I may Your Majesty. I heard that the actor Hans was about to cosplay parade Liam in the Aluna street. I don't know if they'll still proceed but I just heard from the other maids that they'll still do it as a commemoration of the burned publishing company." One of the maid says

She let go of the Emperor. And turned to the maid. "Are you going? What time? Can I go with you?"

"A-ahmmm. I think it says that they'll do the parade at 10 in the morning but I still have work so-"

"Don't sweat the small stuff. I'll cover for you. Let's go! Later Nicholas. I don't need you anymore. My baby Liam is much more precious." She said and drag the maid outside.

The Emperor was looking angry. No one dared to move as they were almost suffocated with his dark aura.

"I should've burned down those actors." He said

--

Alarice who was very satisfied watching the parade went home. She went straight to the office without changing her commoner clothing. She didn't bother to, besides the people in the palace are already use to her.

She was greeted by the tow aides and she smiled at them.

"Hello, Your Majesty Nicholas." She said smiling

"It seems like the parade is very satisfactory." He said

"Oh, it is. Hans really is a great actor! He captured Liam's essence beautifully!" She exclaimed.

The Emperor smirked without looking at her.

"I didn't know you have that kind of hobby."

"Oh. I'm sorry for not telling you. It's a little embarrassing and I thought it is of little importance."

"Of little importance? Your hobby is to look at other men's naked body!" He said the harshly turn his head to her.

"Yeah? So? They're pleasing to the eye."

"So my body is not enough for you?" He hissed

"Well, for the record. You're not my type. I prefer men with tan skin and dark hair so..." She said the shrugged her shoulders and proceed to read the documents in her table.

She was busy at her documents that she didn't notice the two aides trembling from fear because they could see the dark expression of the Emperor.

Please, let's not burn those actors. Pierre thought to himself.

"You never batt an eye whenever you saw me in other women's chamber but you loose your composure just because a publishing company burned down. Just how far are you going to slap it in my face that you don't give a d*mb about me?" He murmured but the Empress didn't hear it.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." He said and smiled bitterly.

"Your Majesty,  the Grand Prince said that he forgot to tell you that your parents were going to attend the Festival banquet in three days." Caleb her aide said

"Who?!" She said in shocked.

"Your parents, Your Majesty."

"But I have no intention of staying at the banquet. I haven't even ordered a dress yet. I was planning to use my old ones."

"What?!" Caleb said as he crumpled the side of the papers he's holding.

"Ah-" Alarice covered her mouth. She was not supposed to say it.

An Empress Regnant wearing an old dress in an annual banquet is unprecedented. Especially since it will be her first banquet in a while. It concerns the dignity of the Moon palace.

If she showed up wearing an old dress then people might think the Imperial family was having a hard time financially or worse that the Empress Regnant was being discarded.

"But it's too wasteful to buy new dress when I won't use it again." She explained.

The Emperor sighed. "Pierre. Call all the best tailor out there right now. And you, My Empress. Get up there and start preparing to meet them. We don't want to embarrass ourselves in the banquet, right?" He said as he smile without reaching his eyes.

Alarice didn't dare to speak more.

That day, she tried more than 20 dresses and reviewed 50 fashion catalogue and speak to 10 tailors in order to make her gown for the Festival banquet.

Argh. This is gonna be a pain! I plan to just blend in the crowd.

After all, when she gave it her all in dressing herself up in a banquet she ended up being unable to walk properly for a few weeks.

"Tell Constance to prepare lots of contraceptives." She said tiredly.