chapter 8: philosophers academy

Harry started following others.
"We have an intermediate crystal and 18 basic crystals after paying taxes" liam said.

"What?.... we killed 36 basic beasts How could they charge 50% tax and i almost lost my life" tyler exclaimed.
"It's obvious they put their resources to capture beasts so newbies could train here and i am happy they didn't take our intermediate crystal." Harry said.

Although he could store those crystals in his system's storage but he didn't want to explain where the crystals go.
"It was only for today from tomorrow we won't have to pay taxes for now Let's go directly to the market and sell these crystals, Liam said.

....
Harry and his group entered a crowded street,stalls could be seen on both sides of the street.
Harry could see many guards on the street.
Liam led them to a shop and harry found out that every basic level crystal could be sold for 100 star coin and intermediate crystal for 500 star coin which was a decent cost seeing purchasing power of star coins.

Meru and tyler were fascinated seeing different types of tools and cultivation serums.

Harry used his inspect skill on one of the cultivation items.

[ 3 star cultivation serum: could be used by 2 or lesser foundation building level]
[ 4 star cultivation serum: could be used by 3 or lesser level humans ]

Harry can't see cultivation serum for higher levels so he asked Liam "why there are not serums for higher levels".

"Because they are limited resources and can't be found in local shops you should buy them from the star associations official shop.
Also you will need a large sum of star coins." Liam explained.

"Can't everyone one gains their level fighting monsters" harry asked, he wanted to confirm that it is only he who can level up,because he didn't see tyler or meru leveling up.

"Of course not,there are rare chances of leveling up when you are fighting.
For that you have to reach the pinnacle of your current level and from using resources you can mend your cultivation speed while fighting." Liam explained.

As i thought its different for me it's like game, killing monsters will gain exp and i will level up from acquiring a certain number of exp.
Harry was curious if he can also level up from cultivation resources,But for now he can't verify it because there are no such resources for lvl 6 humans in shops.

"I think we should buy cultivation serums  for meru and tyler, i will add some money from my side you can pay it later" liam said.

"Thank you liam i will remember to pay for your kindness" tyler said.

They bought serums and came back to their rooms.
"You have to train instantly after using the serum so split in duo and fight each other." Liam said.

Tyler and meru took the syringe and started training. After training for 2 hours they stopped.

"Now all the energy is dissolved and settled and your level raised". Liam said wiping sweat on his forehead.

Harry could see how happy meru and tyler are.
Harry was thinking that how will he explain his raised level and he can't trust anyone here because he is not strong enough to defend himself, for now he decided to not tell anyone.

"Liam could you tell me the usage of magic beast crystals".

"They could be used as pure energy or making of weapons and the level of the weapon is determined by the used crystal and materials" liam explained.

Harry nodded to show that he understood.

After a long silence liam asked."you asked me for an area that stores information about recruits,can you tell me what your motive is".

"I want to know information about a certain someone who entered here several years ago." Harry replied.

"You know i am the son of the lord.
When you first asked me about information i was not sure that should i tell you or not but after spending a day i am sure that you are not a bad guy.but if even i wants to i won't be able to help you in that because the information belongs to star association" liam said in a saddened voice watching to the sealing.

"Really,then can you help me bring my mother to the domain" liam said.

"Yeah i can help you in that,can you tell me where your mom leaves.
i will send someone to bring her".

Harry gave the address and liam assured him that his mother will be here in some days.
Harry was happy because his one problem was solved.

Harry was so excited,he forgot to ask that why would the son of lord is here so he asked Liam.
"You know recently there is a dispute between my 'royal family' and 'alphanso family'".Liam said.

"That doesn't explain why you are here" harry said.

"Have you ever wondered why there are no high realm people here, It's impossible that no one gained a higher level than my dad for several years.
because whoever achieved higher level will need high level cultivation resources that are not available in this small city so they choose to live in high tier cities.if anyone wants to become lord of small cities like this,they have to give up the temptation of becoming strong.
My father has the backing of my brother who is far more powerful than anyone in the city.
    Recently the 3rd son of the alphanso family has risen to the same level as my brother after joining 'philosophers academy'.
    He wants his father to become lord of the city but my brother is at the same level so he can't force it.
    After discussing it for a while our family reached a mutual agreement that the 2nd son of the alphanso family and i will compete and whoever wins will become lord of the city and on behalf of us our father will manage the city until we become powerful enough."

Harry was listening silently the reason is that he didn't know what to say but after listening he was curious about the academy liam talking about, but first he wants liam to complete what he is saying.
    "What are you competing for" harry asked.

"There are two things we could do,1st is killing an advanced beast with new recruits without the help of family or passing the entrance exam of the philosophers academy.
     There is 2 weeks before the entrance exam so i am trying to complete the first one because there are high chances that we both will fail in the entrance exam." Liam explained.

Harry nodded in agreement and said revealing his true level."i will help you complete your first one but in return you owe me a favour."

Then he told liam that he is also at foundation building level 6.

"What.. but how? Your level is the same as mine but you came here the last day."liam said with shocked expression on his face.

"It doesn't matter how, but you will owe me a favour after I help you" harry said.
    He didn't want to explain how he became this powerful, if he told liam about this then he will think of him as a fool.

"Of course I will help you by any means possible if it's in my hands." Liam said sincerely.

"Tyler i know you are listening" harry said looking at tyler.

==================

Hey guys i will try my best to update as soon as possible but recently i am busy plz show your support with comments or giving power stones.