Working On An Escape - ONE

"I'm stuck here. For the rest of time. Airys dead... I lost my notes... all I have left is this computer. I'm not able to free them. I'm all alone."

"Not anymore."

Liam hears a familiar voice.

"Who's that? Reveal yourself!"

Liam hears footsteps and while scared, curls into a ball in the corner of the cave.

Liam suddenly feels warm. He looks up to see Bryce hugging him tightly.

"Don't you ever disappear like that again."

"Why, how did you get here?!"

"The stone gave me an extra set of notes."

Liam felt relieved, relieved that he finally had company.

"..."

Liam felt weird.

"Well? Shall we free the other contestants?"

"Just give me a second..."

Liam regained his senses.

-

The Backpack and the Soda Bottle worked hard every day only to pause for sleep. Though one night in particular stood out.

Liam and Bryce were together in the only bed that was in the log cabin. Liam fast asleep and Bryce pondering about life. Bryce suddenly felt a tug on his arm only to look over and see Liam clinging with his all his limbs to Bryce's arm.

Bryce stared at the scene for a while. Liam shuffled; no longer clinging onto Bryce's arm. Bryce thought he could know get some sleep knowing he would not disturb Liam.

-

In the morning they went back to work on trying to figure out how to save their friends from the small planet. They got nowhere and to break the silence Bryce spoke.

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

"No. Why?"

"Just checking."

"Well I did remember one thing from my dream."

"Tell me."

Liam turned away, possibly in embarrassment.

"This one part of my dream was where it was just you and me. We were together in the cabin sleeping and I felt cold. So as a solution I may have shuffled closer and cuddled you..."

Bryce turned a little red.

"I don't think that was a dream Liam."

"WHAT?! I AM REALLY SORRY!"

"Liam, it's fine. Besides, I was kinda cold too."

this is a fucking side project. Why is it more popular than some of my other projects?!