ꨄ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 ✩

~ a few days later / time skip ~

„Hi, welcome to Starbucks! What can I get for you?", my coworker Louise taking an order from yet another customer coming in. ugh I wish I could be somewhere else right now...
I'm back to normal life. Reading Festival has ended and I can't fathom you enough how much I didn't want it to end.
Besides that, I don't feel too well these days... my sleep schedule is kind of fucked, I'm constantly feeling like shit. I feel sad & empty inside. It's like there's a hole that I can't seem to fill. No matter what I do.

I have talked to some of my coworkers about this and they say I might have „post concert depression", which is infact a real thing. I never believed in it but apparently it's when you have been to a concert and afterwards you feel empty and, kinda depressed. You had so much fun that you miss it.
Well if that was the only thing I miss...

I have been listening to lovejoy a lot ever since the festival and I'm quite literally in love with them. To hear Will's voice sing in a more harsh, a more soft tone, or with more power - I just can't help but think about him. I can't even explain what it is that I'm feeling. Have I really „caught a crush" as you'd say? No I can't have... I'm not THAT naive to fall for the next guy I see like come on I can do better than this.

But then again, there's something about him that keeps me hooked. That keeps me just coming back to him. We had such interesting, long and meaningful conversations backstage that it made me feel so warm inside. So safe and comfortable. And he's such a wise and kind person. He knows what he's talking about. He knows facts about so many things and he knows how to make you smile and laugh. You just can't help but want to be around him.

I'd be lying to myself if I didn't say I miss him- cuz I DO miss him. If I could see him just one more time, I'd be happy. If I could lock eyes with his beautiful brown eyes or hear his laughter just one more time-

„y/n? Are you there? Helloooo? Are you ok?", David snaps his fingers at me, snapping me out of my thoughts.
„Uh oh- yeah. Yeah I'm ok. Why?", I say looking at him confused. „I'm sorry I just zoned out".
„Are you tho? You don't look good at all. Can I get you anything? Do you need to sit?", David continues to say. He's a nice guy but if it wouldn't be for the fact he has a crush on me like I'm sorry.
„David, I promise you I'm ok. I just haven't slept well in a while. Post concert depression", I say looking down, shrugging.
„I get you y/n. I know how that feels. I have seen The Weeknd like a few years back and I also felt just like you afterwards. You'll get over it", he assured me.
„Yeah I guess you're right. This is the worst feeling
but don't worry about about me. I appreciate your concern tho", I give him me a soft smile, which he returns.
„If you need anything, just talk to me", he says, softly smiling at me.
„Thanks David", I reply back.

A few hours go by of me coping in a way, making it through work when I see my favorite customer of all time walk on - James Marriott!

„Hey James", I smile at him as I greet him.
„Hey y/n", he replies back with a smile. „The usual again".
„Coming right up king", I take his order.
„so how are you y/n? And how was the festival?", he asks me. I don't wanna tell him exactly what happened cuz he'd think I'm stupid so I just repeated what I tell everyone who asked.
„It was fantastic! I saw many cool bands and artists and I had such a wonderful time. However post concert depression hit me so i'm feeling low but I got assured it'll get better", I give him a gentle smile, making his coffee.

„Oof I get you y/n. To feel this way is just awful. But it'll fade away. That you had fun matters more", he smiles at me.
„Here you go", I hand him his usual coffee.
„Thank you", he answered back. „You know, how would you feel if, after work we hang? So you can think change your mind a little and we can have a more in depth conversation of how the festival was. And if you're down, we should do a you laugh you lose stream. These people are never funny anyway".
James laughs when mentioning his viewers are never funny.