6. A Glimpse Into The Past

__________

__________

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT
__________

टूटा जो मैं,
तूने आकर जोड़ा...
__________

If Meera had heard his words, she would have definitely regretted calling him Akadu Singh.

Once again, I was reminded of his commitment and simplicity towards me and the relationship we were going to build together.

How was it possible that the person I met for the second time in my life made my world happier than ever?

Only one thing made sense to me, and it alone breathed immense peace within my being, Sab Radha Rani ji ki marzi hai.
(Everything is as per the wish of Radha Rani ji)

At times, I felt as if, maybe all this was my imagination and the next moment, I would come out of my dream. This felt surreal, but at the same time, beautiful, very much real and close to my heart.

It was something I wanted, a need I yearned for longer than I could tell myself in order to live and breathe.

What did I do to deserve such an understanding person as my life partner?

Solah somvaar ke vrat! My subconscious mind reminded me.
(Fasting for sixteen Mondays)

Anyway, it was kind of cute to see him try things he never liked. The way he scrunched up his face before eating, as if he had been given green veggies, which he might have disliked as a child.

I told him that if he didn't like sweets, he didn't have to eat it, but he was hell-bent on trying it just for my sake, for my happiness. For me.

Hayeee, Rathore ji and his ways of making me fall for him all over again.

But honsestly, at one point, I didn't know whether he was calming me or himself.

So, I hesitantly moved the plate towards him and he immediately picked up the smallest piece he could find, dipped it in the Rabdi and chewed it slowly as if he was savoring the taste.

Meanwhile, I looked around the table to see astonished faces staring at him. Rathore ji was really giving everyone good reason to be surprised with his gestures and words today.

So, I decided to make him feel even better, "Rathore ji, I promise that someday I will make moong dal ka halwa for you".

"Yeah? Then I'll wait for that day" He replied with a bright smile on his face, not hiding his excitement. "By the way, Reet, this is good" Referring to the Jalebi he had just eaten.

It turns out, he liked it, but he wasn't going to be as obsessed with it as I was. He even picked up another small piece of Jalebi and pushed the plate back and gestured for me to eat, too.