[Chapter 4] School

★ ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ★
† ɴɪʀᴠᴀɴᴀ †
────────⚪────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►
0:00 / 0:00 ───○ 🔊⠀ ᴴᴰ ⚙ ❐ ⮎1⮌

"ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪᴛ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴜᴄᴋ?"

__________________________________

It was the first day back to school, Travis couldn't get out of that house quicker. The sun shone aggressively bright through the trees. His backpack was a little too light for comfort, only containing about a quarter of the shit he was used to being stuffed in there.

It was about a thirty minute walk to the apartments where the bus stopped in front of. His sore legs dragged the entire way, his entire body felt tired and heavy. Sometimes he wished he could fall flat on his face and pass out.

Travis was the first one outside waiting, he took off his backpack and sat on it. He rested his arms on his knees and his head on his arms, trying to stay awake.

The bus hissed as it came to a stop, Travis took a few seconds to get up before walking onto it, the bus started again before he could sit, causing him to stumble into a seat he grabbed onto.

He sat down, leaning against the window and watched a few trees pass by before closing his eyes.

_____†★†_____

School went as usual. In all fairness, Travis never paid much attention. He just zoned out until he heard the bell or saw other students leaving. He started to wake up more as he walked through the halls and tapped his desk.

Travis walked into his fourth period, math. He hated math, it never made any sense
to him. The door opened, Travis immediately recognized the blue pigtails and unsettling mask. Fuck. Sal walked past Travis, sitting in the seat diagonally behind him.

Travis glared at him the entire time, Sal's eyes crinkled as he gave him a passive aggressive smile. He wasn't the happiest about it either.

"The hell are you looking at, Saaaallyy Face?" Travis sneered at him.

Sal shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eye. "Nothing I want to. You were the one staring." He said as he leaned back in his seat.

"Fuck off, freak." Travis retorted. He hated how easily Sal responded, how he couldn't get under his skin. Travis wanted to punch him.

"Ouch, how original." Travis opened his mouth for another insult, but was interrupted by the teacher talking.

"I think that's enough of that, please mind your language."

Travis looked at her, then back at Sal. Travis could feel the smug smile hidden under that stupid fucking mask. That fucking asshole. He looked at the desk and watched his finger tap it repeatedly.

_____†★†_____

When the class was over he waited for everyone else to file out before leaving. Lunch was next, he didn't want to walk near Sal.

After getting his lunch he sat down. Phillip had his own group he sat with, so Travis was on his own. He laid church pamphlets next to him. Usually at the end of the day he would throw them out anyway. Everyone here was either going to the ministry or had zero interest in going.

Travis just stared blankly at the maluable chips and waxy cheese dip. The milk was past it's expiration date and he could swear he saw mold on the soggy peach.

The food was disgusting, and in all honesty made him want to vomit. They only served balogna on Wednesday, so he would have to wait until tomorrow for a decent meal.

He glared at the kids sitting on the other side of the table. Laughing and joking with each other, talking about their summer. How they traveled, or some new videogame that came out.

Travis silently listened, it wasn't like he
had any of those luxuries. Kenneth went on trips, but Travis was never able to join. Kenneth told him he was spreading the word of god. And Kenneth told him video games were the work of the devil.

Maybe someday he would be free. He would get to be a normal kid, play videogames, get to hang out with friends for something other than church. Maybe his father would love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

691 words

I'm trying to write longer chapters, I promise. Just bare with me here.

I also made a playlist for this story, as I release chapters I'll add to it (link will be in comments)

On that note, remember to drink water and take any meds you may need

See you on the other side of oblivion