Chapter 3

I never thought it would be this hard to navigate any vents while being chased through them! Not that I even knew these vents..

After getting scared shitless by the tall blue toy, I basically crashed into the open vent, trying my best to survive.

Now I'm stuck running in these tight places, praying to god that I won't end up running into a dead end. I once missed a turn and I almost got killed.

Saying that I was scared was an understatement when a door closed right in my face, but when I started backing up I bumped into another door, and the only other way was to my right, which was also blocked by the blue monster. Luckily the door that closed in my face opened right in time and I was able to make it out of that situation alive.

My legs were starting to give out after all this running, and that's when I noticed lights coming into the vents, which gave me motivation to keep on running and not give up.

Fortunately, I was right in thinking that the light was the exit from the vents. I jumped onto the catwalks of a giant room. Like really giant. I couldn't even see the bottom it was so dark down there.

But enough about that, I'm about to die if I don't do something.

I looked back towards the vent I just got out of, and I saw a big box a few meters above. Looking back into the vents I saw that eerie smile of Huggy Wuggy as he was running at me, him also coming out of the vents.

Looking back at the big box, an idea came up in my head. Doing it made me feel horrible, but I had to. I shot both of my Grabpack's hands onto the edge of the box, grabbing onto it, then I pulled the hands back, pulling the box as well.

'C'mon! PULL HARDER!' Huggy was getting closer and closer, eventually getting out of the vents as well. To my luck, that was when the box fell off, hitting the hostile toy right in the head, then falling through the catwalks, making me fall down a level as well.

Huggy, who was just hit with a super effective blow couldn't grab onto the railings, which resulted in him falling down into the darkness, hitting multiple pipes along the way. Blood splattered on every pipe he hit, making me regret my decision more.

'God damn it. I shouldn't have done that... no, it was just self defense!' I told myself, holding my face with my two hands.

After getting out of my trance, I looked around, now more carefully. There was a door with a giant poppy painted around it. I also saw a gray VHS player with a television and a gray VHS tape next to it. I decided to walked over to the television first. I picked up the tape and then inserted it into the player, trying to distract myself from the murder I just committed.

The tape was about '1006, The Prototype'? I have no idea what that is. A scientist was talking about a breach that was caused by The Prototype, who I still don't know anything about. The whole thing was fairly disturbing, with screams and banging in the background, and at the end the scientist was probably also killed, because the tape abruptly ended while the guy was talking.

Listening to that tape made me regret coming here even more. I don't want to find out what happened here anymore. That shouldn't be my job..

I decided to turn my attention towards the weird door and navigated my way over to it. I only noticed toys hanging from the ceiling when I got closer, scaring me even more than I was.

'Man, why does anyone need to do that..?' I thought to myself as I slowly opened the door to a long, dimly lit hallway. 

I immediately closed the door, then opened it again, hoping that I was just hallucinating. But no. It was the same. 'WHY THE HECK DID I HAVE TO COME HERE?!'

I entered, slowly closing the door behind me. I walked slowly down the long hallway, ready for anything to jump me. Fortunately, nothing happened, making me sigh of relief. Now, relieved, I opened the door a the end of the hallway with more confidence.

On the other side of the door was a room resembling a child's room. There were multiple toys on the ground and a dollhouse in the corner. There was also a door blocked by a large cabinet.

There was also another door on the other side of the room, leading to somewhere.

'Do I wanna know where it leads?' I contemplated after all that happened today. I decided on a yes, walking over to the door.

Opening the door, I was already able to see that it was darker in there than out here. Once the door was  open, the room was illuminated by the light from outside, and I was clearly able to see a box with a glass panel in it and a handle on it in the middle of the room, with a porcelain doll inside it standing upright with her eyes closed. She had red hair tied into two ponytails, and a long white and light blue dress, along with black shoes. Her skin was also white. A classical doll from the 90s.

As if gravity was pulling me towards it, I was reaching for the handle on the box to open it. Once I did, the doll's eyes opened, and the door behind me closed, along with the only light bulb breaking, making it pitch black.

"You opened my case!" Was all I heard before I fell unconscious.

---

Words: 975