Chapter 12

Reaching the end of the corridor filled with the red gas, Mommy set me down.

"You have to go alone through that vent. I can't fit in there with you." She pointed at an opening in front of me.

I nodded and she smiled, and went to go her own way. I looked at the vent, bent over and entered it.

Reaching the end, I found myself in the room where CatNap threw me down into the trash compactor room. In front of me was a yellow door with a panel containing a blue handprint on the left of it, and on the right were two empty slots glowing green. To the right of me were 2 couches facing a television sitting on a filing cabinet. Next to said cabinet was another one, but it had a cyan VCR player on it. On the ground in front of the television was the VHS tape for it with the same color. The tape was titled 'Claire Harper Debrief'.

I picked it up and put it into the player.

---

The audio footage contained a conversation between an unnamed counselor at Playtime Co. and Claire Harper. The counselor asked Claire about the incident involving an orphan named Marie... Wait, that name's familiar. No, that can't be- that's Marie Payne! Mommy!

Harper began explaining that after CatNap  put the children to sleep with the red gas, Marie saw something terrible that made her start screaming and move erratically. At first, Harper thought that Marie was having a nightmare, but when she went to the girl's side, she could feel that her skin was too hot to the touch, her pupils were dilated, and her lips turned blue.

The counselor then asked if Marie described what she saw that made her that way. Harper confirmed that she did, and told the man. It was a "colorless" monster. Harper then asked if she could check on Marie, but the counselor denied, saying that she was being monitored by medical employees and told the woman that the girl is going to be okay. That made Harper snap at the counselor, yelling that she only wanted Marie to be returned to her.

---

The screen turned black and the television turned off.

'This is disturbing, man.. What were they even trying to achieve by making CatNap's gas like that?! And why did this have to happen to her exactly? I don't think this place was a normal daycare.'

I decided to continue on my journey through the factory- not like I could do anything else this time, unlike that one time when I first entered this place... Huggy disappearing should've been a huge red flag, but I ignored it.

Though I'd rather stay here than returning back home, my mom and dad would literally kill me without hesitation. And I'm not joking.

Looking more around the room, I found two batteries, they were the same size as the two holes in the wall.

I inserted the two batteries into their sockets, which activated the panel. I launched my Grabpack's left hand at it, and a few seconds later the door to the next area opened up.

The door lead into a corridor. At the end was a cutout of one of the Smiling Critters, Bubba Bubbaphant.

I walked over and started pressing the button.

- "I'm Bubba Bubbaphant! Hey, I remember you!"

- "An elephant always remembers!"

- "Want to know what I remember about you?"

- *screaming and laughing in a disoriented manner*

'GOD DAMNIT! I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT!' The end made me jump, luckily I didn't fall over.

Continuing to my left, the only way I could go, I noticed a lit up green bulb. The moment I took the electricity with my right hand, a ringing phone made me shit my pants.

'Is someone else also here?! Or do they know I'm here?!?' I rushed forward trying to find the phone, but I first had to use the electricity to open the door in front of me.

Once open, I entered the room where the ringing was coming from. I carefully walked over to the phone, hesitating on picking it up. Putting my second thoughts to the side, I picked the ringing phone up from it's holder and spoke into it.

"H-hello?"

"Hey... Hey, can you hear me? You look kinda lost. I don't want you to die- so I'm gonna help you! Check this out. Look at the tube thing on the back wall. Ready? BUH-BOOM! You can use that battery to open the door!"

And to my surprise, a battery did appear from the tube to my right. I smiled and picked it up. I put it into the socket I didn't even notice was there, opening the metal rolling door in front of me.

Walking through a door, I was met with train tracks. I looked right and I could see a station and a blocked off way. To my left though... that's a completely different thing. The train me and Mommy crashed, in ruins and in flames.

"Woah... Did you do that? I guess that's where CatNap found you..." The mysterious caller spoke.

"Yeah, I kinda didn't. It was Poppy who made the train go extremely fast and crash."

"I know you're probably mad at Poppy for not letting you escape. But she needs you. We need you. You are our mission. Together, we can save a lot of people. Including you."

"Okay, now that sounds great. Can you tell me a bit about where I am right now?"

"Playcare is the area straight ahead. It's the home of CatNap... one of "The Smiling Critters". There used to be... eight of them? I think? Now, it's just him. Playcare is his church, his hunting ground. Whatever he wants it to be. You better get moving quickly... We'll keep in touch. Oh, and by the way, my name is Ollie. Nice to meet you!"

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Ollie. Thanks for the help."

"No problem, I'll call you when you get to Playcare!" With that, Ollie put the phone down. Luckily, the phone had this weird plastic thingy on it's back which made it possible for me to attach it to my waistband, and it was quite sturdy.

Walking over to the station I saw a few seconds ago, I noticed a tall Huggy Wuggy statue, luckily it wasn't the real Huggy this time. Well, I couldn't really tell if this was supposed to be Huggy or the pink version of him...

On either side of the statue were two turnstiles, and both to my left and right were two doors. The door to my right seemed locked, and the one on the left was slightly ajar.

I was deep in thought, and I didn't notice someone crawling up behind me. Two hands grabbed onto my two shoulders, and my vision was filled with an upside down face of Mommy. "BOO!!"

My eyes widened farther than they ever did, the sound of the gasp I made was the weirdest ever, and I somehow kicked my own leg from under me from the sudden scare. Luckily, Mommy was holding onto my shoulders so I didn't fall over.

'I WASN'T EXPECTING HER TO APPEAR JUST LIKE THAT!

I was panting while listening to Mommy laughing so hard she even laid down on the ground. Even she was gasping for air while laughing.

"You should've seen your face, (Y/N)!! It was hilarious!" She yelled, proud at how successful she was.

A few minutes later both of us calmed down, now breathing normally and everything.

"You better be sorry! This was really unnecessary!"

"Really, I'm sorryyy! I know I shouldn't have done that."

"*sigh* And I just can't hate you for it. C'mon, let's go."

I grabbed onto her hand making her smile and dragged her after me towards the room on the left, knowing I had to do something to power the turnstiles on since they're most likely out of power.

-------------

Hope y'all liked this one. If so, leave a comment, it never hurts to do!

Words: 1305