Chapter 17 - Counselor's Office

"What do you think, why does it take so long for him to come back, Miss?" Our favorite pink spider toy asked the teacher next to her, trying to spark up a conversation.

"I actually have no idea. What are we even going to do after he comes back?" Miss Delight answered.

"I don't think he'd want us to go somewhere at once, so we'll most likely part ways." Mommy pondered, already missing (Y/N).

After Ollie tasked (Y/N) with venturing into the Counselor's Office to retrieve that little amount of power the building has, our protagonist took DogDay down under the statue, where Mommy Long Legs and Miss Delight were waiting for (Y/N), and they didn't know that he'd bring a new ally.

"I hope we can get out of here as soon as possible, I'm starv-" The teacher was cut off when a smiling boy entered the room something orange following him on the ground.

"Hey there, I'm back!" (Y/N) waved at the two as they tried taking in who just entered the room after the boy.

"DOGDAY?! You're still alive?!" Mommy yelled out as she jumped out of the chair she's been sitting on. She ran over to the toy, picking him up and examining him to see if her eyes were playing tricks on her or not.

"Yeah, alive and well... Thanks to him." The dog toy motioned towards (Y/N).

"What happened to you?" The faceless teacher asked DogDay, to which he hesitantly answered.

"Long story.. involving CatNap. Anyways, we need to stop him and The Prototype." Mommy set the dog toy back down.

"We're already on it." (Y/N) told DogDay, then turned towards the two female. 

"I have a task for you two. Miss Delight, if I remember correctly, there is a nurse's office in the School, right?" Miss Delight nodded. "Good. You take DogDay there and try to wrap him up so that I won't throw up from seeing his insides."

"And what do I have to do?" Mommy asked.

"Watch over these two while Miss Delight does her thing."

"Oh, come on! Are you sure I can't go with you?" The spider toy whined.

"I'm sure, I don't want anything to happen to Miss Delight or DogDay, and I know that you are a strong one and you are going to be able to protect them." (Y/N) put his hands on the toy's shoulder, trying to convince her to stay with the other toys.

"You know how to cheer me up.. Follow me you two." With a smile plastered across her face, Mommy lead the other toys up the stairs and towards the school.

"Good luck, (Y/N)." DogDay waved towards the boy when he got to the top of the stairs.

The moment all three went out of sight, a key arriving through the tube caught (Y/N)'s attention. Walking over and picking it up, our protagonist knew already where to go. That large building that looked like a museum.

Stepping outside of the room as well, (Y/N) quickly glanced to both sides in search of the building. Once he came across it, something caught his eye...

At the top were eight little statues of all the Smiling Critters, but it seemed like there was a duplicate of CatNap... and that duplicate was a dark purple color instead of the light gray the building and the statues were made of.

The moment (Y/N) realized that CatNap was just looking at him from the roof of the Counselor's Office, the place he was going to, the cat just retreated out of sight, leaving the boy shaking in his boots.

'Alright, I shouldn't get scared by him... There are way more scarier stuff than him. Yeah. CatNap's just a toy. He can't do anything to me.'

With that new found confidence, (Y/N) set off towards the museum-like building.