The unexpected visitor

The cell door creaked open again, and this time, a guard walked in. He was dragging a small, golden dragon behind him. The dragon was struggling, but the guard's grip was firm.

"Got a new roommate for you, mutant," the guard sneered, throwing the golden dragon into the cell. The dragon stumbled but quickly regained her footing, her eyes blazing with defiance. Then the guard grabbed her and shoved her in a small golden "birdcage cell".The guard turned to Whiplash, a cruel smile on his face. "Don't get too comfortable, mutant," he said, his voice dripping with disdain. "Your days are numbered."With that, he slammed the cell door shut, leaving Whiplash and the golden dragon alone in the cell.Whiplash watched as the golden dragon moved to the far corner of her cell, her scales shimmering in the dim light. He could see the fire in her eyes, the determination. It reminded him of his own spirit, of his own will to survive.For a moment, they just stared at each other, two prisoners in a world that seemed to have forgotten them. Then, Whiplash broke the silence."I'm Whiplash," he said, his voice echoing slightly in the small cell.The golden dragon looked at him, her eyes meeting his. "I'm sunny," she replied, her voice soft but firm. "Not that it really matters here, anyway."
As the evening fell, the cell grew darker. The only light came from the moon, its silver glow seeping through the small window high up on the wall. Whiplash and Sunny were still awake, their eyes reflecting the moonlight."Whiplash," Sunny began, her voice barely above a whisper, "Why are you here? What did you do to deserve this?"Whiplash sighed, his gaze fixed on the moon. "I didn't do anything, Sunny," he replied, "I'm here because I'm different. Because I'm the last of my kind."Sunny was silent for a moment. "I'm sorry," she finally said, "No one should be punished for being different."Whiplash turned to look at her, a small smile playing on his lips. "And what about you, Sunny? Why are you here?"Sunny looked down, her claws tracing patterns on the stone floor. "I... I don't really know," she admitted, "Me and my friends were living under a mountain then they wanted to escape, but then the Skywing queen captured us."

"Why were you living under a mountain", Whiplash asked full of curiosity, "And how would you escape if you got in there in the first place?"

Sunny had a rueful look on her face before she responded. "I'm the Sandwing from the prophecy about the great war. Hidden alone from the rival queens. That's me. We lived under the mountain with our guardians but Queen Scarlet killed one. I didn't even know we were going to escape!! My friends never told me, they just dropped the bomb on me just like that!!"

Whiplash felt a flash of sympathy for the small Sandwing. "I'm sorry for that Sunny, really, but maybe it's destiny that your here"

They fell into silence, each lost in their own thoughts. But despite the grim circumstances, they found comfort in each other's company. In the cold, dark cell, a bond was forming, a bond that would be tested in the days to come.