Trials and Tribulations

Whiplash has been moved to the prisoner spires because the guard said he was to chatty. Before he was separated from Sunny he made her promise him something. He could still remember the promise, clear as day.

              *** Flashback***

"Sunny...can I ask you something?" 

Sunny looked up and met Whiplash's gaze, curiosity in her eyes. "Sure!"

Whiplash was a bit nervous, for he had no idea if she'd even be able to keep the promise. "Can you promise me that if you and your friends escape, that you'll rescue me as well?" Sunny was taken aback by the question but quickly regained her composure. "I promise you Whiplash, "I'll never forget you.", she said with a determination in her voice. That night Whiplash was able to sleep more peacefully than any other night.

                  ***Flashback end***

When the guards came to move him, Whiplash decided to try and fight them, only for them to drug him again. In his spire, Whiplash had a Mudwing for a neighbor who was constantly visited by a female Skywing with fiery copper scales and fiery blue eyes. If memory served right, Osprey said that this description can only belong to Peril, the Queen's champion and also a friend of Osprey. Osprey said that there was a trial coming up soon and today, Whiplash supposes, is that day. During the night Peril brought the Mudwing three rabbit's and two cauldrons of some goopy looking stuff. Whiplash guessed that she wasn't supposed to be at the trial. Whiplash overheard some of their conversation. "Won't someone be looking for you?" the Mudwing asked. Peril shook her head "I'm supposed to be down in the caves looking the black rocks," she said. "As long as I stay here and stay behind you, no one will notice."

   Whiplash didn't pay anymore attention to them as the trial was seeming to start. Some soldiers dragged boulders and chains onto the arena and others came dragging a female Skywing who was covered in chains. They dragged her onto one of the boulders and chained her there.  Then the Skywing who did all the arena intros, stood on the other boulder "That's Vermilion", Peril said to the Mudwing. "He argues for the prosecution and is the queens eldest son."  Just then Osprey climbed onto another boulder. "Guess this is what he mean by defense attorney" Whiplash thought, "must be an easy job."  Queen Scarlet appeared and beat her wings in order to gain attention. "My loyal subjects! This dragon, Kestrel, is accused of the highest treason: Disobeying me. Vermilion you may speak." The arena announcer bowed to Scarlet before speaking. "Your highness, the evidence is clear. You gave and order and, Kestrel here, disobeyed. She lived under toe mountains after fleeing from you and was aiding the Talons of Peace. No need to try to prove her innocence. She's guilty as charged." Scarlet nodded her head in approval, "Well said, very well said. Osprey you may speak for the defense, or not if you prefer to sleep some more." 

   Whiplash snorted, "Leave Osprey alone you hag", he muttered. Whiplash strained to hear Osprey's voice but the wind picked up, taking his words away from Whiplash's ears. Peril and the Mudwing, however, seemed to still be able to hear. "NO!", Peril shouted, before rocketing to the arena. Whiplash couldn't hear most of the dialogue until he heard the words, "Champion's Shield", leave peril's mouth.

A/N: Hey ya'll thanks for supporting my little story here I appreciate those who waited for my snail like posts, srry about that, but I am still alive so huzzah! Can any of you guess where this will turn? Stay tuned to find out! (In about 3 days hopefully I'll update)