Chapter Four: Curious One

Like the Dex picture? *giggles behind a magazine* I should've said it sooner, but there will be a good amount of mini (and maybe a large) time skips throughout the story. *ducks from flying bottles being thrown at me* I know, I know guys I'm sorryyyy...

To make up for it, this will be a long chapter, enjoy ;)
________________

(David's POV)

The day for Missy's sleepover was finally upon us. It was Saturday, and like any other normal weekend, I didn't have much plans. I decided to send Romeo a text, and he replied back quickly. I asked him if he wanted to go to Missy's together and he agreed so we'd save a few dollars on a taxi.

We agreed to meet afternoon, so I went about my Saturday like it was any other. I brushed my teeth and threw myself on the couch with my laptop on my lap. Bored, I decided to look up pajamas to buy for the sleepover. I found a pair of blue snoopy pajama pants and a white shirt to go with it. I ordered for same day delivery, and closed my laptop.

As I stood up from the couch to go to the bathroom, I heard the door unlock and swing open. My mom walked through the door, tossing a duffle bag on the floor.

"Ah, you're here," she said, breathing heavily and locking the door behind her. "Your father went down south and I'm not sure when he'll be back."

      She kicked her shoes off and took a seat in one of the dining chairs. "Damn, I offered Ms.Gina clothes that I grew out of for her to give to her daughter and she rejected it for some fancy ass designer brand someone was giving her. Shits crazy, right?"

"Yea," I replied. She was always out and about on weekends or whenever she wasn't working for that matter. Ms.Gina was my mom's old therapist that still found it necessary to keep in touch with our family. Ms.Gina caught cancer after having her second daughter, so many people gave her gifts, most being clothes.

"Hey, uhm, mom."

"Hmm?"

"Can I stay the night at a friend's house? Please? I promise to-"

All the air in my lungs fled my body as she began hugging me while jumping in joy.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew one day this year you'd finally talk to people! I'm so happy for you! Of you can."

"Yea, thanks mom. You're really happy, huh?"

      She finally stopped strangling me with her arms and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I believed the only other time she had given me a kiss was when I was born. With the way she was jumping around the house, you'd think she had just hit the lottery.

Now that the interruption was done, I went upstairs and finally took my shower. The water went cold somehow after twenty-five minutes, so I took that as my cue to get out. Nothing pissed me off more than the thought of washing in cold water.

——

Once my package arrived, that's when I began packing my bag and getting ready. By now it was well afternoon, so I gave Romeo another text, this time to tell him to come to my house so we could leave together. I threw my phone in my bag then contemplated whether to bring my computer or not. No, it'd be no use.

"Excited, aren't ya?" My mom took a peak a at me from the stairs.

"Yea. I'm leaving now. I'll text you."

"You never told me about who this friend is," she said, going down the last few steps. "At least give me a name for now."

"Missy. I have to go now mom."