Chapter Eight: Friend Love

(David POV)

It's finally the weekend, but the only plan I had was going to visit Romeo today. He had invited me over and I didn't have anything else better to do so I agreed. I actually enjoyed being at his house because of how cozy it is. His parents decorated it amazingly with colors like brown, tan, white, beige, and a few others.

His bed was way more comfortable than mine as well. We both had full sizes, but his mattress and blankets felt way smoother and different from mine. Enough about his house though. I loved the connecting I had with him. It's safe to say we were close at this point, but at the same time we were still learning and warming up to each other. I don't think there has been a day we didn't speak since I had met him.

I went over to his place, and waited at the door for someone to answer. I thought nobody was home on the first ring, but then Romeo came down the stairs and opened the door from me. He had on sweats and a tank top that seemed a bit small for him since he had a pretty big chest. He looked tired, but I didn't pay too much attention to that.

"Hey Romeo. How are you?"

"Exhausted. Come in, nobody's here as of right now. I think they went to visit family or something."

I followed him up to his room and leaned my back against the wall as he laid down and faced me.

"I have something you can change into if you want to lay down too, David."

"No, I'm fine! Seriously. You don't have to share your bed with me."

"I prefer to. Body heat helps me sleep. Don't take that weird though."

"Haha, I won't," I chuckled.

"The clothes are in the middle drawer."

I opened the middle drawer and saw all of his underclothes. I'd be embarrassed to show someone all of my underwear. Not because of the designs or anything, but just because it's underwear. Maybe I'm just weird.

After making sure he wasn't looking, I picked up a pair of pajama pants and held it to my nose. It smelled like a box of dryer sheets. Nothing could ever top the smell of fresh laundry.

"You don't mind me changing here, right?"

"Yea, I don't mind."

He scrolled on his phone as I swapped clothes.

"You know the Jets lost another fucking game. Ain't it crazy?"

"Hmm, you really like sports, huh?"

"Yea. All of them."

"Opposite for me. I'm ass at all of them, heh."

He looked up at me with a wide smile.

"I think that was the first time I ever heard you curse. A stupid observation, really."

Had I never really cursed around him? I found it a bit funny he noticed something like that and laughed to myself. I sat upright on the bed next to him and looked over at the window. For a house, the view from his window showed a lot of the area we're in.

"Want to watch something? Saltburn?"

"What's that about?"

"Actually, it's best we don't watch that. I like kids shows for whatever reason. Let's watch avatar."

I had no argument and let my back fall against the bed, our heads now right next to each other. It's weird how even though we had kissed before, I didn't feel any sexual connection to him. I liked us this way. Close, but not close. Close, but far.