Chapter Five: Sober Sundays

(Romeo's POV)

      I opened my eyes to a sun beaming through the window, and me spooning David in my boxers. "What the hell," I said under my breath to myself, curious on how the two of us had gotten in this position. He didn't budge either. All it took was for Missy to come in and she'd never live a scene like this down.

I almost slapped myself when I found my pajama pants on the floor and I was in nothing on me besides boxers and a tank top. I was sure I had the pants on all night. Why the hell did David allow me to sleep with him like this? Well, not sleep together but sleep in the same- you get the point.

      I sat upright in my side of the bed and kicked my pair of slippers on. I stood up, but I hand pulled me back.

      "W-wait. Don't-"

      David tugged on my shirt to which I turned around. It seemed like he didn't want me to go freshen up so I could stay with him. Cute.

      "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

      I stood back up again, this time without him pulling on me. I petted my skateboard good morning and walked out of the room. Damn, I didn't know he was clingy. I don't even know if he even likes men. Come to think about it, I don't really know shit about this man besides his name and age, well that might be a stretch.

      In the bathroom I washed my face and brushed my teeth, and then just sat on the toilet seat cover and used my phone, occupying a bathroom for absolutely no reason. I sat there for a few minutes until someone knocked on the door. Not sure why they chose this one as if there wasn't more bathrooms, but I still asked who it was.

"It's me," David said from the other side of the door.

"Open."

He came into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He brushed his teeth and we didn't share a word until til he had finished. Why? I'm not sure.

"You choked me to sleep yesterday," he laughed. "I couldn't move."

"I woke up spooning you. You couldn't move there either?"

"That's weird. Stop." His cheeks looked as if someone slapped the shit out of him from how red they were.

"I knew you enjoyed me being that close."

He laughed, but the smile went away as quick as it came. I couldn't even read his face anymore. Did he actually not like me being that close? Usually my flirtatiousness worked on everyone.

"Can we talk Romeo?"

His expression was finally readable now. I could tell something was eating at him. Now I'd just have to shut up and let him spit it out.

"Can we get out the bathroom first?"

He walked out without saying a word and I followed behind him back to our room. He was just happy and now it seemed like it just completely faded away which made me even more curious of what he wanted to talk about.

We went into the room and sat on the bad, his face now fully empty of any form of emotion.

"What'd you wanna talk about? What is it?"

"If I knew something I probably shouldn't, and I know you know about it, would you be mad that I know," he whispered. "Would you?"

Whatever the hell he just said to me sounded like a tongue twister. I tried understanding what he said before replying, but I just couldn't make sense of it.