Chapter Seven: Certainly Uncertain

(Romeo POV)

      Although I didn't want to admit it, I had a feeling Donny was right about me being "easy". I mean, why did I try to kiss David? I could only hope I didn't fuck up anything between us.

———

Nothing felt better than waking up in the morning to a quiet house. I could blast music, sleep naked, or do whatever the hell I wanted. I actually did sleep naked though, but did I have any shame? Nope. Sometimes you just want to feel free, you know?

One thing I did forget to do was my chores, but my parents would just have to suffer. Last night was just about me moping over losing Missy, but now I realized I'd just have to find a way to live without her, even if it meant replacing her with David, or even Donny.

I couldn't freeball forever though, so I began getting ready for school like usual. I washed up in the bathroom and stared at my closet for half an hour. I threw on the most basic, but stylish clothes I could find and headed out the door, but of course, as luck would have it, my parent's car turned into the drive through. I was tempted to duck and hide in the bushes or something, but they had already spotted me.

My mom hopped out the car and walked over to me, not amused to see me which was unsurprising.

"Hey. You off to school? We got back from Grandma's. Yo should've came."

"I'm fine. They could care less about who comes into their house, or at least when it comes to me."

"Not true," she said, patting me on the back. "They love you too. Hurry to school though, your teacher never calls me for anything good anymore."

"I'm sure she doesn't. Bye Mom."

I stepped on my skateboard and began moving, just to be pulled back off by Riley's ass.

"You don't get bullied for using this thing?"

"Leave me alone," I said, snatching the board back from her. "Lord, I need a drink."

"You drink?! Im telling Dad."

"I was joking. Tell Dad anything and I swear I'll drop a spider on your pillow tonight."

She screamed and I took that little reaction as a win. Although I was scared of them somewhat, I actually did know where to find all of the spider eggs inside of our yard, so it wasn't anything to grab a few and throw them onto her while she slept. I should've done it along time ago, actually.

It's cruel. I know.

"Romeo, stop tormenting your sister," Mom spoke in a low tone. I wasn't sure how she even heard us from that far.

"It's not possible to torment the devil, especially when he's living in your idiot of a sister."

Mom didn't respond and Riley shot me a sinister "fuck you, ahaha" smile as she walked into the house. I grew sick of dealing with the three of them on the daily basis just nitpicking with me for fun. It's fine though, I could bear it for one more year.

————

      In class, David seemed unusually happy, not that I fully cared. I only noticed it thanks to me paying attention to anything besides the work. He gave his attention to the board which gave me little opportunities to glance at him now and then.

      "You're smiley today," I said, nudging him to grab his attention.

      "I planned something. I need you to follow me after school."