i. lost little puppy

SAVIOR COMPLEX
I. 'LIKE A LOST LITTLE PUPPY.'

TUESDAY, 8:46 PM

TUESDAY, 8:46 PM.

To say that Vee Diaz wasn't a people person was an understatement. A very big understatement.

She had the same routine that kept her grounded and sane for a reason — people were too much all the time. 'One friend is enough,' is what she told herself all the time, seeing as that one friend was energy in the form of a human being.

Aeri Minatozaki was going to give Vee gray hairs by the time she was 20 years old, the girl swore this on her life.

Vee wasn't much of a socializer, it was evident just by looking at her. She was sweet and shy, always fiddling with her fingers and never speaking much. Aeri brought her out of her shell when they were alone, but for the most part, Vee liked to stay in the background.

Which is why she was currently freaking out.

"Aeri, are you insane?" Vee screeched into her phone with wide, panicking eyes.

Currently, the brunette girl was shoving on her black loafers and grabbing her keys as her best friend laughed on the other line.

"Come on, Vee, live a little! Just last week, you told me you'd be open to doing something new!"

Vee stared at her phone incredulously for a moment before hissing out, "Yes, I meant maybe attending a lacrosse game, going to a party... Not going to an abandoned train station because some random stranger promised you power and family!"

"Well," Aeri mumbled out, "He actually said a pack."

Vee sighed, pinching her nose bridge, "A pack... Aeri..."

"Yeah, yeah, just hurry up. I'm outside."

Vee's head snapped up, her eyes wide once more. "What the hell am I supposed to tell my parents, Ri?" She groaned, and the girl could just feel Aeri's shrug through the phone.

"I dunno, just say you're sleeping over at my house? Come on, Vee, I promise I'll... I'll buy you that book you've been talking about!"

Vee's mouth shut, pondering for a few beats. "... The Death Cure? Would you... Would you really?"

"Yes," Aeri dragged out, "Now, hurry up! I only have half a tank, I don't wanna waste any gas!"

Vee sighed, hanging up and walking out of her bedroom. Oh, the things she did for books. The Death Cure was the last installment of the Maze Runner series that she'd been obsessing over for a good two months. Unfortunately, she only had the first two books so far, as she didn't want to bug her parents about buying the last book. She'd reread the first two books at least a total of five times in that timespan.