iv. what's your name again

SAVIOR COMPLEX
IV. 'What's your name again?'

 'What's your name again?'

MONDAY, 11:20 AM.

Vee Diaz being surprised was now a regular occurence.

She was only pulling some textbooks out of her bag and into her locker when it suddenly slammed shut. She barely had time to pull her hand back, startled and turning to the culprit.

Stiles and Scott smiled down at her, both taking either side of her arm and hauling her out of there. Vee squeaked, looking back and forth at them, "What—"

"We just got some crucial information," Stiles cut her off, "Isaac is back at school, and he, Erica, and Aeri are going after Lydia."

"For what?" Vee questioned. She would have asked why they were involving her, but at this point, she learned to just go along with it.

"For the kanima," Scott filled her in, "They think it's her because she was bit by an Alpha but never turned."

Vee's eyes widened, "Woah, so that's what that was last month?"

"Yes, so now you need to help us. We need to keep them away from her," Stiles hissed quietly, "Otherwise they're gonna kill her." Finally, the trio reached their destination, standing at the entrance of Mr. Harris' room.

"Derek is not gonna kill her," Scott chimed in, "Not without proof."

"Alright, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right? But when and where?"

Stiles' question was answered when the three new werewolves smirked at them from the other side of the classroom. Vee gulped, "I think here and now."

After a few beats of the six teenagers staring at each other, they all began to move closer to Lydia. Scott scrambled to sit beside her as Stiles dragged Vee with him to the table beside Lydia. The brunette girl sat down with an, 'oomf,' turning to frown at Aeri.

Her former best friend glared at her, now aware that Vee was on the side of Scott and Stiles. Vee shrunk under her scrutiny, turning back to Stiles and mumbling, "Remember what you said Friday night? Yeah, I highly doubt it."

Stiles turned to see Aeri's expression, immediately spinning back and nodding to Vee, "Yeah, I could've been wrong about that."

Mr. Harris' voice now rang throughout the classroom, "Einstein once said, 'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.' I, myself, have encountered infinite stupidity." He pat Stiles on the back, now standing in front of the classroom. "So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are, indeed, better than one. Or, in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with..."