iii. i get scared easily

SAVIOR COMPLEX
III. 'I get scared easily, though, so don't expect me to stick around when something scary comes at me!'

 'I get scared easily, though, so don't expect me to stick around when something scary comes at me!'

SATURDAY, 11:10 AM.

In the Diaz-Grey family home, Vee was comfortably lounging on the couch, her feet up on the coffee table. She had a take-out box of spring rolls and a half empty coffee cup in her lap as a kdrama played on the living room TV.

Tears welled up in her eyes as the sad scene played out, until a loud and incessant knock came from the front door. Vee jumped up, startled from the booming sounds. She paused her show and opened the front door, wiping her wet eyes to see Stiles Stilinski and Scott McCall.

Her brows furrowed, "Hi... Can I help you?"

"Hey, Ivy," Stiles smiled widely, "Are you free right now?"

"First of all, it's Vee," She corrected the buzz cut boy, before answering his question, "Also, yes... Why?"

"Were you crying?" Scott blurted out, his expression turning into worry. Stiles' eyes widened, stepping backwards when he saw Vee's wet lashes. She pat her face dry, "Oh, yeah, I was watching a sad scene in my show. Anyways, what's up?"

Scott sheepishly smiled, "Well, we just wanted to talk about... yesterday."

Vee's face changed to understanding. She held up one finger, quickly going to grab her black converse, keys, and phone. She went back to the front door and laced up her shoes, "We can go to my river and talk there?"

The two boys nodded, watching as she stood back up and closed her door. She guided them to the side of her house, where they walked a short distance to said river.

"Um," Scott hesitated before asking, "Aren't you cold? You're only wearing shorts."

"Oh, I don't get cold," Vee replied, turning to look up at the two boys.

When they finally arrived at her favorite spot, she sat on her thinking rock and gestured for the two boys to sit as well. They did so and immediately jumped into the conversation. "So, how much do you know?" Scott frowned.

Vee hummed, "Well, a few nights ago, Aeri called me up talking about how Boyd talked to her about some man who changed his life or whatever. She said she met him and he said he could change her, too, so she dragged me along with her to that old abandoned train station on the edge of town. He told us about the hunters, the bite, et cetera... Then he bit her."

Stiles and Scott listened aptly, only for the former to butt in with his questions. "Why didn't you take the bite? And how did you know where they were last night?"