v. did i do okay

SAVIOR COMPLEX
V. 'That was the first lie I've ever told. Did I do okay?'

MONDAY, 9:00 PM.

Vee Diaz was holding on for dear life onto any and everything she could.

Stiles was currently swerving and speeding around to catch up to the kanima that was getting further and further away from them. Scott sat in the front seat, which left Vee in the back, clutching onto the sides of his seat.

As soon as he saw the tire spikes, Stiles braked as hard as he could, almost sending Vee flying out of her seat.

"What do we do now?" Stiles asked, but Scott was already out of the car and chasing the creature by foot. Scott jumped over the chain fence, and Vee took the oppurtunity to climb over and jump into the passenger seat, closing the door Scott had left open, "Find another way!"

The buzzcut boy nodded, "Buckle up, Vee!" She did just that as he reversed and zoomed off once more. When they looped around, they found a building with people in line for something. "Okay, stop here, maybe Scott's here, too," Vee instructed.

Parking horribly, Stiles unbuckled and raced out of the car to open the passenger door for Vee. She nodded in thanks as they took off, spotting the McCall boy around the side of the building.

"Did you see where he went?" Vee questioned as soon as they stood beside him.

"No, I lost him."

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles asked with furrowed brows, and Scott's reply made Vee shiver. "I don't think he has one."

"That's creepy," She mumbled as Stiles asked where he went.

"To kill someone," Scott answered, prompting a blank look from his best friend. "Ah, that explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Good, makes perfect sense now."

Scott rolled his eyes, looking at Stiles with annoyance. "What? Scott, come on, I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense." Vee cracked a smile at that, patting his shoulder.

"Just help me find it," Scott frowned, and Vee butt in. "Not it, Jackson."

"I know, I know," Scott sighed.

"But does he know that? And did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles questioned.

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"But how did he pass the test?" Stiles' question made Scott more confused, with his answer being that he didn't know. Meanwhile, Vee thought aloud, "Well, he's a reptile, right? Snakes can't be poisoned by their own venom, so when's the kanima not the kanima?"

Scott realized, "When it's Jackson."

Vee sighed, looking up at the night sky when something caught her eye. She backed up, pulling on Stiles' arm. He glanced at her and followed her line of sight. "Dude... You see that?"

Scott turned to them, standing beside them and watching the kanima slither into the building. Suddenly, his expression changed, "I know who he's after."