Chapter Three - Stealth suit

"Kätzchen.. we have a mission to gear up for."

König's voice permeated your ears and the adrenaline in your veins turned cold, you slowly turned, thawing from your frozen spot on the bench.

The familiar green tones of his eyes captured your attention momentarily, the subtle movement of your body reigniting the burn in your extremities.

A little huff of air left your lips which you then pressed into a thin line, debating whether to voice your concerns about your own state and reliability.

"Listen, sir.. I don't want to disappoint you-"

Half voiced protests were swiftly cut off by soft tutting from beneath the hood.

"You underestimate yourself, Kätzchen."

His voice was low, enticing more goosebumps to rise along the exposed skin of your arms as you drew them around yourself in an attempt to disguise the feeling.

"I've seen what you're capable of. The results of your physical assessment were.. impressive, to say the least." König continued on, his gaze sweeping over your posture, inspecting.

"But if you're feeling a little.. worn out, perhaps I can offer you some extra motivation, ja?"

He paused, a glint appearing within his eyes as he met your gaze, wicked grin forming beneath the material that covered his features.

"How does a luxurious hotel stay sound? A chance to relax and unwind after the mission..?"

A heavy thud echoed in your chest at the way his voice lowered into a purr as he leaned forward.

The very idea of Egyptian cotton sheets, a five course meal, possible spa treatments - you were already practically salivating at the mouth and a hopeful glimmer had begun to twinkle in your eyes.

"Really? No bullshit?"

You returned quickly, a little invigorated at just the thought of the comfort that lie ahead.

He chuckled softly, a single nod following the rumble, green gaze not shifting from your features.

One of his hands reached towards you, a single finger tucking a loose strand of hair from your face and then grazing down the side of your neck, leaving fire in his wake.

"I always deliver on my promises. Consider it a reward for enduring the rigorous training I put you through.."

That same burn crept into your stomach as his large hand moved to rest on your shoulder.

"We have work to do. Let's get you geared up."

The commanding tone leaked back into his voice and your breath hitched in your throat as his grip gently tightened, you quickly nodded in affirmation.

König took a step back, removing his hand from your shoulder.

His unwavering gaze remained fixed on you, watching the way your face twisted in discomfort as you got to your feet, a cruel twitch shifting beneath his trousers.

Gloved fingers curled either side of his towering figure, and a frustrated breath escaped him as he turned, teeth gnashing together, attempting to keep his desire contained.

You barely noticed his restless movement, focused on the spreading ache through your feet and up your calves, muscles protesting with each second you spent standing, plastering on a neutral expression as you began to lead the way towards the double doors.