Chapter Five - Spiralling

His scent had permeated your uniform.

It clung to your hair.

Bruises circled your skin in multiple afflictions, the imprint of his teeth clear over your throat, the soft flesh of your shoulders, across your ribs.

König had literally devoured you in every sense of the word.

And no matter how hard you scrubbed at your skin with each day that passed, the feeling of his hands closing in around your hips wasn't something soap nor water could dispel.

The memories still were still fresh, his grip around your thigh tight and possessive as he drove you back towards the base.

It had all been a lie.

Your fingers squeezed around the sponge as you raked at the affected area, blank eyes inspecting your skin while it turned red.

The way he'd watched as you struggled to pull your uniform back on, only reaching to brush the hair from your face so he could see that look in your eyes - giving your weak limbs no help, no sympathy.

After all, you'd served your purpose, hadn't you?

He made himself scarce after the fact, and you'd have been glad if it weren't for the paranoia that had now seeped into your mind and become a part of your routine — unable to walk through the base's corridors without looking both ways for his imposing figure.

But he glared behind tiny pinprick lenses instead, ever patient, still hungry.

He should have known a taste would never have sufficed.

The folders on his desk had started to pile, and neither that nor the fact he hadn't seen daylight in three days didn't deter him from waiting for your return from the bathroom.

Bitter frustration loomed over him, staring at the live footage of your room, waiting, waiting—

Patience be verdammt.

His influence reached many corners of the base, something that didn't go unnoticed - and yet somehow you were still bewildered when the running stream of the lifeline that kept you from drowning in your own thoughts suddenly stopped.

Water dripped in beads, the rhythmic sound breaking the harsh silence as you stumbled free, clasping a towel around your body, trailing water through the bedroom as the suds ran down both of your legs.

Nausea twisted in an acidic reminder of that same sensation, shaking hands hurriedly pulling the door open before returning to hold your towel in place.

Your presence in the hallway while looking like that was enough to draw the attention of a passing recruit, sly, grotesque comment going ignored as you slipped into the shared facilities across the hall, heart hammering.

The swift movement of König's figure springing to action sent the paper contents atop his desk flying, thundering across his office in seconds.

Temper that had been kept on a simmer rapidly consumed his every nerve, bones creaking beneath the tension in his fists.