2.|•Dad?•|

Violet's point of view
                ————————————
I have been at the prison for about 2 hours now. I was sitting in a cell that has now been said to be mine. It was nice and small, it has a small dresser next to the twin prison bunk and had a small sheet that had flowers on it hung up in the cell doorway to give me privacy. It was nice, really nice considering it's the zombie apocalypse.

They gave me some extra clothes and said that food should be ready in just a second.

I was reading a book when glenn came in to get me for dinner.

He picked me up and carried me to a table with a lot of people sitting around it. I started shaking and breathing heavily at how many people there was and glenn took notice "hey whats wrong?" he said stopping to look at me

I kept my stare on all the people not daring to take my eyes off of em "th-theres so many people." i said and it was obvious i was scared "don't worry they wont hurt you.I promise" he said and continued walking after i nodded.

He sat down and sat me next to him and handed me a plate full of spaghetti . I stared at it waiting for him to give me permission to eat but he just looked at me confused "Aren't you gonna eat you must be starving?"

I looked back at him with the same confused look "i need permission before i eat don't i?"

The whole table went silent once i said that. I didn't know why though i mean thats how it's always been with Jonathan.

"what no ofcourse not why would i have to give you permission to eat?" glenn finally said and at this point I was confused as hell and honestly terrified with how many eyes were on me "what do you mean i always had to get permission before even looking at my food" i said not wanting to say what would happen if i 'disobeyed'.

Glenn gave me a sympathetic look that everyone has been giving me and i honestly hate it "no no we wouldn't ever hurt you and you can eat when you want you don't need permission" i looked at him shocked "oh" is all i said and hesitantly picked up my fork to eat the spaghetti and was shocked i didn't get smacked once i did.

I realized i was ok to eat and started to shovel the food into my mouth feeling the flavors melt on my tongue and the noodles slide down my throat remembering what it tasted like. Let me tell you having actual food after eating old sandwich's and beans, it was amazing.

Everyone went back to eating and talking but i finished my food fairly quickly. I was still hungry but didn't dare ask for more food but glenn noticed me just sitting there so he offered to get me more "no i couldn't possibly take more stuff you guys have done enough thank you though." But i was starving and craved more of that delicious food "I'm gonna get you more its ok you must be starving." i nodded knowing he was right and i was starving. Once he came back i realized he hadn't gotten just me some more but himself some more as well.

I thanked him and finished that plate as he told me who some of the people were. Eventually i was pretty full and decided i wanted to go back to my cell.

Upset with myself for not being able to walk on my own I looked up at glenn and noticed he was almost done eating. 'I can wait' i thought to myself.

I looked around me and seen a few people staring at me and i got super uncomfortable so I looked back at glenn to see he was done eating now "glenn" i mumbled he looked at me "can yo- never mind." I changed my mind not wanting to bother him. He knew i had a question and was just scared to ask so he took it upon himself "whats up you can ask me anything?" i took a deep breathe but decided to ask pushing all my nerves and anxious thoughts down "can you take me back to my room please." I blurted it out taking pauses in between a few words to think about if i really wanted to say it or not.