3. |•Scared•|

Violet's point of view
——————————————

I woke up to a slight snore, confused as to who it came from I slowly and quietly sat up but was quickly pulled back down by someone, but i soon came to realization that this someone was carl.

I had thought about the night prior and how i basically dumped everything onto carl about my past and why i was the way I am. I felt bad, I had dumped so much stuff on him that he had to keep a secret until i was ready to let it out.

I felt bad but tried not to think about it.

I sat in bed wrapped up in the warm safety of carls arms until I knew I should probably get up.

I slowly and carefully lifted carls arms off of me trying my best not to wake the peaceful boy. Once i succeeded i sat up and just admired his peaceful face. Not in a weird way but he looked so at ease and relaxed. The way his perfectly structured face lit up under the beams of sun slightly shining through my door sheet.

After about a minute I slowly lifted myself over him and off of the bed where my bare feet had met the freezing cold cement ground. I quickly but quietly opened one of my dresser drawers to get a pair of socks. As i opened the drawer it made a slight noise as it slid out of the giant wooden box until it stopped and i picked out my socks and then went digging through my other drawers to find an outfit.

After finding a decent looking pair of clothes I looked back at the boy who was still soundly sleeping in my bed debating if i should go all the way to the bathrooms to change. Deciding against it i slipped my previous shirt off as i slid on a white t-shirt and a brown checkered flannel(picture at beginning of chapter). I then peeled off my jeans i wore the previous day and slipped on some new clean black ones. I turned around to my bed seeing that carl had adjusted his sleeping position and was now lying on his side with his face towards the wall.

I let out a light chuckle and reached under my bed to grab my worn down black and white hightop converse pulling them on over my feet and then tying the laces until i topped them off with little bow looking knots that rested by my legs.

I felt like my outfit was complete and i just needed to brush my hair. I didn't own a brush though and they haven't gotten any spare ones at the moment so I figured i would ask maggie.

I looked back at the resting boy before turning around and walking out of my cell letting him rest.

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

I made my way down the hall until i found maggie's cell. I stopped and knocked on the wall to try and resemble me knocking on a door. I heard a quick 'come in' as i then began to slowly allow myself into her cell.

It was pretty plain and looked the exact same as mine just with only a few differences such as her door sheet or the picture she had on her table side, or even just how the pillows were placed. I looked around for a minute before remembering what i came here for " hey maggie?" i asked trying not to sound scared or nervous "whats up?" I knew i needed to brush my hair and i knew they wouldn't hurt me i was just scared to ask out of habit. Maggie stared at me for a little before i spoke up "could i use your hairbrush please?" She gave me a quick nod and a smile showing that it was ok.

I walked over to her bedside table and picked up the square shaped object. I brushed through my hair until the brush had stopped getting caught in pieces of hair and it just ran through smoothly letting me know all of the knots were gone for now.

I placed the object back to its original place and then thanking maggie before walking out of her cell and making my way to the dining area/cafeteria.