5.|•Hear me out•|

Daryl's point of view
                  —————————————
I cant believe i yelled at her. My own kid, I yelled at my own kid for caring about me.

God i'm fucking stupid, poor kid probably thinks i hate her now or sum.

I arrived back at the prison with my deer i shot. I felt guilty being here, like i didn't belong here. I don't deserve to be here.

I was letting stuff flurry in my mind as i walked through the gate and dragged the deer down to the kitchen to prep it.

As i was nearing the kitchen i heard voices, Violet and carl's voices. I knew she wouldn't wanna see me but i had to try.

I walked into the kitchen and tried to talk to her but she got up and ran out. Carl looked confused until he seen me. After that he looked like he felt sorry for me almost.

"I know you didn't mean to" the kid spoke
"I get what it's like to get upset or mad." he continued on and i just hummed in response.

"why were you upset?" he asked and honestly im upset with my self. for letting a guy like that be around her for so long and not realize the kind of guy he was.

Im mad i didn't let her go on that run with me like she had wanted to and i hate that i didn't have him go on the run rather it meant he came back or not as long as i could have protected my family and i couldn't. I had one thing to do and i failed.

I looked at the kid having so many thoughts going on in my head on how i should respond and i decided to just say a short sentence "i yelled at her." Was all i managed to say.

He looked at me with a blank expression "ya, well i made her think i hated her just because i decided to let my emotions get the best of me" he spoke.

What did he do? "what did you do to make her think that?" He looked at his feet "i wasn't used to the change and thought it was stupid that she was the "favorite" or some petty shit like that. And i got upset with her for her doing something i asked her to do." Carl explained to me.

I could kinda tell how it made him feel and i understood him. " I'll talk to her for you daryl. Tell her to here you out like she did me." I nodded as he gave the suggestion and figured it would probably be my only way of getting a chance to explain right now.

                    Carl's point of view
                    ———————————
I walked out of the kitchen grabbing violets granola bar and her glass of water. I made my way over to her cell so i could make sure she was ok.

I reached her cell and used my shoulders to push past her flower sheet and enter. I walked in fully and turned to see that violet was out cold. She had puffy eyes and red cheeks signifying that she had been crying.

I didn't want to bug her so i put her water and her granola bar down on her dresser next to her picture of her and her family.

It was a cute picture. She looked to be about 4 maybe 5 in it. Then there's her older brother's and her mom, who she told me about but never told me what happened to them or where they are or anything.

After i put her stuff down I walked over to her and carefully pulled the blanket over her. I went to walk away but knew i was going to be back in a little to check on her again.

I walked out and then downstairs to go outside and take gate watch.

I noticed that my dad was currently on watch so i went up and decided to talk to him about what happened between daryl and violet and how I apologized as well. He seemed real happy that i had apologized but seemed upset about violet being mad at daryl.